Wednesday, March 25, 2015

a favorite early sign of spring

We don't need to talk about the fact that it snowed in the Midwest this week (and no, it didn't stick around for very long at least). Instead we'll talk about the fact that plants are starting to bloom! Even though it won't be really green for another month or so, it's so exciting to start seeing little shoots everywhere. Our front bushes start blooming in mid-March, and it always makes me happy to see those buds.






What are some of your favorite signs of early spring?

8 comments:

  1. My little tiny twigs that will one day be lilac bushes are starting to bloom as well. And I have a crocus up and tulip starting to come up.
    I also love seeing all the baby calves this time of year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Around here there are some flowers that seem to form from leaves that unroll. There are some flowers that are always blooming in Hawaii, but there definitely are seasons for many of the plants, too (which I didn't realize until I'd lived here more than a full year!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm seeing lots of tulips and the Bluebonnets are starting to bloom.... yay! Spring is on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love your new blog header, too! I love seeing the early Spring flowers. I spotted some pasque flowers today on campus!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have blades of green grass in the yard! They're still mixed in with a lot of brown, but it's a step in the right direction. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the first signs of Spring! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful photos, and wonderful first signs of spring! here's hoping that those blooms come in soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice shoots! Where I grown we had snow till the May) Now on the south Italy there is always green)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.