Saturday, August 29, 2009

feature, reworked item, new camera

Thank you to Theresa from Theresa's Treasures for featuring my summer stripes peyote cuff in her Favorites for Friday post yesterday! It means a lot to me to get featured anyway, and Theresa's blog is one of my favorite blogs to drop by regularly. :)

I reworked another existing design this week. I also finally started my Indian Summer EBW Challenge piece. Hopefully I will be able to finish that this weekend and start my green leafy bracelet order as well.

I ended up getting a Canon PowerShot SD1200 IS this week. Thank you much to everyone who gave me advice about digital cameras! I would not have been able to make a decision without it and all of the people who gave this camera good reviews on the Amazon and Best Buy sites. I haven't taken any pictures of jewelry with it yet. I did take some pictures of my students at school yesterday and was very pleased with the results. I'll post more feedback about the camera as I get to know it better.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the congrats about 200 hearts. Hopefully you get there soon too! I wanted to say, I saw that bracelet photo below last week and I love it! Very cool design. Good luck practicing with your new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I'm still not there yet, but hopefully I will be there soon. Thank you! No one's bought it yet, but I've gotten a lot of positive feedback on it. Thanks - I will continue to post updates about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My pleasure to feature your beautiful beadwork. As I'm sure you know, after chainmaille, bead weaving is my second obsession and so I LOVE looking at all the beautiful work out there.

    I'll be interested to see how the camera works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your cuff on her blog - it's beautiful! Can't wait to see how you like your camera. I have a smaller Canon Powershot and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I'm really glad to hear that about your PowerShot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Canon PowerShot SD1200 IS is best camera!! I got this camera from Best Buy...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.