Tuesday, April 29, 2014

photo outtakes

Welcome to another round up of photo outtakes! I think that it's really important to discuss the fact that I take a ton of photos to get a few gems. Also, while I keep improving my skills, I still make a lot of mistakes.

 The theme of this photo outtakes post is blurry. I'm starting with a blurry kitty. Everyone who photographs kitties has a few a lot of these shots.

The inevitable auto focus fail of a little duck at the zoo. Thankfully I did get some much better shots of this guy.

It's not great that the leaf on the left is out of focus, but the bigger issue is that the center stem is also out of focus.

The orange is blown out, and the composition is too busy. If I wanted to save this shot, I would crop just the bottom right corner, making that one bunch the focal, and then work on the highlights.

The background is blurred nicely. Unfortunately so is the foreground.

The leaves aren't in focus, and this composition is way too busy anyway. I've gotten some much better close up shots of new plant buds this spring.

Blurry elephant feet.

Another blurry kitty shot.

After taking this picture, I decided that I could make a much better shot if I got right up close to the book.

I thought that this reflection might make for a cool shot. It didn't. I still like the lighting on the tree. And no, it did not snow too recently. I took this picture a month and a half ago (still ridiculously late to be photographing snow).

I told you that blurry was the theme of this outtakes post.

The lighting here is pretty harsh. Just as well, right? This guy is a little creepy.
 
Don't be afraid to share your outtakes every once in a while. It makes everyone feel better.

8 comments:

  1. We all get some "outtakes", but you are so brave to share so we all learn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lucky if I even get one non-blurry pic of my cats!
    Interesting about that book...I wonder who left it there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Rose, I think that the bit of blurriness adds a bit to each picture. I like a lot of these photos. They are very "artsy" looking. Blessings dear. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. My human has probably thousands of blurry photos of us kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovey photos, the blur makes some of them really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually like the blurry buds! I always wonder how people get to make all those cool cat photo's on Pinterest, whenever I try to take a pic of my mom's cats, they always get over-enthousiastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Experimentation, patience, and perseverance bring rewards in the long run. But along the way some of those experiments turn out to be fantastic. Some photos can be salvaged.
    I rather like the new buds photo. Its soothing somehow, and mysterious.
    I shared a blurry photo on my blog a couple posts ago.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have lots of blurry kitty shots! Even Isabella can sit like a statue until the second I push the button! I took a Macro photography class and they made sure we knew that every photo must have super clear parts since the human eye hates blurry parts so will seek out the clear. Yeah, much easier said than done I say!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.