Friday, August 22, 2014

Friday Feature: late summer fashion

Today I've put together pieces that you can wear as you slowly make the transition from late summer to early fall fashion. I know that some people cling to those hot summer days as long as possible while other people can't wait for cooler weather. Hopefully some of these items appeal to both groups.


Striped Shell - Mint / White. When it's 80 and humid one day and 50 and breezy the next, it can be hard to know what style and colors to choose. This mint / white striped shell is perfect. The colors are light without screaming summer, and you can wear it as is or layer it as needed.

Limited Lexie Flare Pants. You can't go wrong with neutral pants in a classic cut. I went for flare because I only wear skinny jeans with boots, but of course you can change the style up if you want.

Linen Blend Motorcycle Jacket - Canvas. A linen jacket provides warmth and shape so that you still look stylish without freezing when the temperature dips at night or you're out at a cold restaurant or movie theater.

Dooney & Bourke East / West Zip Sac. This little purse is in a slightly unusual color but has a versatile design that takes you anywhere. It's a great everyday bag or something that you can reserve for special occasions when you want something different. I think that this color is so fabulous for late summer / early fall.

Metallic Pewter Tieks. Who else is lusting after Tieks right now? One day these shoes will be mine...but for now I'm admiring them in this little collection. Flats are great for that in between flip flops and boots period, and metallic neutral dresses up or down with ease.

Daniel Wellington Classic Winchester. I've also been lusting after Daniel Wellington watches lately. Instagram is a dangerous place. I'm extremely picky about watches and think that there is actually a better variety among men's styles than women's styles. However, I love the simplicity of Daniel Wellington watches, and the navy / pink combination in this design kills me. Again, so perfect for this season.

Tiffany Twist Heart Pendant. I'm a sucker for a simple heart necklace. I'm sure that some of you are rolling your eyes at this overrated choice, but heart necklaces are always an easy choice for me when I put together an outfit. Of course this Tiffany pick is amazing, but you can find something equally great for much less if you do love this look.

What clothing and accessories do you like to wear during the summer to fall transition?

3 comments:

  1. Great finds. Layering is key this time of year! LOVE the Tieks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard to know what to wear this time of year! Like you said, hot and humid one day and breezy and cool the next!
    Love the top as well as the flats! They'd go great together too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like those shoes! I wish I had a changing season to transition for =(

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.