Wednesday, June 3, 2015

peanut butter and jelly crumb muffins

A couple weeks ago I made peanut butter and jelly crumb muffins from How Sweet It Is.

They're great for breakfasts, snacks, and desserts. Basically any time of day is a good time of a day for a peanut butter and jelly crumb muffin.

The crumb topping turned out really crumbly. REALLY crumbly. It tastes good, but it's very messy. I won't make as much topping next time, and I won't make it so crumbly.

Also, Jessica suggests pressing the jelly in between the base muffin and crumbly topping. I'd like to try mixing the jelly into the muffin batter so that you get a more even peanut butter and jelly taste.

 Overall I'm happy with the first attempt and think that I could really nail it with a second attempt. If you love classic peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and are looking for a relatively easy versatile muffin recipe, give it a try. Again, the recipe is available at How Sweet It Is.

What have you been baking lately?

3 comments:

  1. These look so tasty! I like the idea of mixing in the jelly to get a more even taste. The crumbs might be messy, but I bet they taste great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummo!! I LOVE PB&J. Great photos, too (of course!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so good! I always wanted peanut butter jelly sandwiches in my school lunch, but my dad thought that was too boring and made me other things.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.