Monday, September 5, 2011

another edition of why I love my customers

Some of my best creations and favorite orders have been customer suggestions that I never would have come up with on my own.  My most recent custom order is no exception.

I posted this bracelet when I first put it on sale.

Grace of Dragon's Alley left me a comment, remarking that she'd always wanted to see this in purple.  After a series of e-mails, we settled on a set of beads that she liked, and I got to work.  This is the result.

Grace is really happy with it, which is awesome.  I enjoyed working with the purple and decided to make another purple version to list on Etsy.  Grace wanted to toggle clasp, but I went back to the lobster clasp, which is my standard clasp for charm bracelets.  This type of customization is very easy so don't ever be afraid to ask for something like this.

I also used a mix of purples seed beads beads in two different sizes.  It took me a couple tries to get a mix that I liked.  Too many magenta shades make the darkest purples look almost black, even in person.


It's available here.  I'm really happy with the final result.  I never would have used purple with the stars and moons, but it turned out so well.  Thanks Grace!  I still have enough star and moon charms left from this set to make one more version so if you're also interested in a different color combination, let me know.

6 comments:

  1. What I love about it is that it is so light and easy to wear. Even tho I don't go out much (due to a disability) I do wear earrings every day and now I slip this on almost every day as well.

    It is so pretty. I was never much for charm bracelets because they seem to get in the way but we got the size perfectly on this and it's just such a pleasure to look at and wear.

    It just makes me happy to look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, lovely! I have a beaded ring in this purple colour and mine also has a bit of pink in it to offset the darker beads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple changes can make for so much drama! I love your mixed purples version. You do have wonderful customers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the purples in that bracelet too. Looks like a fun bracelet to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Grace's bracelet!
    And I love when customers come up with fun new ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grace, I'm so glad that you're still so happy with this bracelet!

    Thanks for the feedback everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.