Monday, March 3, 2014

What's Up For March


It looks like spring is on the way, doesn't it? I actually took this picture in late February, but March often looks exactly the same in this area.

  • Getting back into craft fair mode. I made this one of my bullet points last month, too, which was...optimistic. I make jewelry all year round, but I have a hard time getting motivated to work on show inventory (i.e. my small items that I don't list online) and other show prep like making new price signs and restocking earring cards until I'm up against the deadline. Here we are so now it's crunch time.
  • Researching ebook publishing. You may or may not remember that one of my long-term 2014 goals is to increase my passive income. It's actually my biggest goal for this year. I would still like to bring up my HubPages and PDF jewelry pattern earnings, but at this point, there needs to be something else in the mix to reach the numbers that I want. I've been floating a number of ebook ideas in my mind the past year, and I think I've finally settled on one. Now I need to start working on actually making it happen.
  • Catching up on photo printing and hanging. I'm sure that you've noticed in some of my recent photos that I have a number of frames sitting around the house. I got most of them for Christmas. I need to print out a bunch of fall and early winter photos, which includes making final decisions about which professional photos to print from my brother's wedding. I finished my photo albums, but I want a few prints for new frames and the fridge, too.
  • Keep reading. One of my unofficial goals for 2014 is to get back into reading. This means reading books, not just pulling up photography articles on my phone. Once upon a time, I read for fun all the time. Then I started undergrad. I read so much for school that I didn't feel much like reading during my down time. It's been eight years since I finished undergrad, and I've never really recovered. Last week during my trip to Las Vegas (more on that soon), I brought along a few books and did some real reading for the first time since late 2012 / early 2013 (don't judge). It was amazing. Now I need to stick with it.
  • My birthday. My birthday probably definitely does not need its own bullet point in this kind of post, but I love birthdays so it gets one. This year is not a milestone birthday like last year so it will be considerably less eventful. I will still enjoy it. Having a birthday at the end of the month means that I look forward to it all month. I'll post an Etsy birthday wish list next week.

What are you up to this month?

5 comments:

  1. I read less than I used to, but I make a point to read at least two books per month. Reading is what relaxes me most at the end of a long work day :)
    I hope you meet your deadline to get everything ready for your show! The best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having trouble revving up for a Spring craft show, too. Best of luck with your ebook. How exciting! I used to be an avid reader--and I'm really trying to read at least one good book (fiction or non-fiction) each month. I used to read one a week!!

    I hope you have a wonderful birthday month! I'll look forward to seeing your wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting to have a topic for your ebook!
    And I'm with you on the reading...I did so much for college that I have no desire to read for fun anymore. Maybe some day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll look forward to hearing more about your e-book, Rose--sounds like a great idea! One of my goals is to have more merchandise on hand for craft shows, too--in the past I've pulled stuff from my shop, and deactivated listings as things sold via iPhone. About the reading--I never stopped reading after college, but find it's always a challenge to squeeze it in. I do, though: reading time is often when I'm in bed . . .or when John is watching a program that doesn't interest me so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An ebook is really exciting! I've thought about that, too, but then I'd have to find the time to write one, haha.

    One of my goals for the year is to read more, too. I'm trying to get through one new-to-me novel every month. So far I'm doing it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.