Thursday, October 2, 2014

T is for Train Tracks

Are you ready for another round of Alphabe Thursday? Let's go!

Somehow I made it to nearly the end of my third round of Alphabe Thursday without featuring train tracks. Trains are an integral part of virtually every area of the Midwest. I honestly have no idea what it would be like not hearing trains in the distance when the windows are open at night or to drive regular routes around town that didn't include train tracks. Needless to say, it isn't hard to find places to photograph trains and train tracks in Milwaukee.




 










Finally, I had to include a few shots of the train at the Milwaukee County Zoo.



Check out what the other Alphabe Thursday participants posted for the letter T this week right here!

9 comments:

  1. Great shots. And it is true--trains were the lifelines to the Midwest. In some ways, they still are, although fewer people are moving on trains, at least in NE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh but I do adore trains, and tracks and the sound that comes from every moving part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Train tracks just beg to be photographed, don't they? There's a track that runs just past our soccer fields. To visiting teams, it means a lot of noise. To us, it means home-field advantage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really great an expressive photos Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the angles on these. We have several set of train tracks around here, but they are rarely used any more. I was actually surprised to see a train when I went to town today...kind of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos and those cuties at the end are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic angles! Love the sweet faces at the end too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your photos. Viewing them gives me a wonderful feeling of comfort, especially the tracks, which remind me of being a kid again. Thanks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful shots, all!
    There's something forlorn yet comforting about hearing train whistles in the distance.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.