Wednesday, October 26, 2011

in the works: leaves and flowers

I was so excited to get started on my custom order that I took at my craft show this month that I didn't take any pictures of it until I was pretty far into the set.  At this point, I had finished the earrings and bracelet and was almost halfway done with the necklace.

Here's a picture of the remaining leaves that I had laid out for the necklace.  You can see the earrings hanging out in the corner of the box.  Yes, the box is a little crowded right now!  Getting ready for this order inspired me to get out leaf beads to make a new fall leaf bracelet and a new turquoise/medium-dark blue leaf bracelet.  I have those beads in there as well as all of the seed beads that I pulled for the custom order.

I'll be sure to take pictures of the completed set before I give it to the customer and will post them within the next couple weeks.

Here are the turquoise/medium-dark blue leaf beads that I pulled.  I sold the first turquoise leaf bracelet that I made a couple years ago before I even listed it on Etsy.  I've sold two dark blue leaf bracelets so I think that it's worth making another one (or two).

Here are the leaf beads that I pulled for my new fall design.  I'm only going to use a few orange and bright red and keep it darker with lots of brown, maroon, and gold.

Here is my seed bead mix with the larger glass bead focals for the fall design.  A few green beads got in there with one of the seed bead mixes.  They won't be in the bracelet.

I started the fall bracelet after I finished my custom order set.  The box is a little emptier now.


While I was pulling Czech glass, I also pulled out all of my flower beads.  They are still in the box.  I originally thought that I'd make another embellished peyote cuff, but with my new interest in herringbone, I'm now planning something similar to my new challenge piece but with flowers.

I included this post in Michelle's 10/28 Delicately Constructed Friday Link Party.

10 comments:

  1. I love the colors in the seed bead mix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many fun projects to be done there! I find myself noticing leaves more now because of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Rose, The colors of fall are just beautiful. These bracelets, necklaces and earrings are just going to be big hits. They are beautiful. I like that you incorporated some blue sets. I am sure that the turquoise look will go quickly. Just beautiful.
    p.s. To answer your question about the cheesecake. It takes light and fluffy and like a very light cheesecake. Have a beautiful and very blessed day my dear and talented friend. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always loved those glass leaves, how fun to use a whole bunch of them in one project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of fun projects in the works! Can't wait to see your custom set finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the photos of the beads with the autumn colors--your picks always remind me of the seasons which is good because we don't really have four different seasons here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the leaf beads! I can't wait to see what the finished products look like. Loving the fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for custom orders! Thats always great when you're that excited to work on a piece. And I LOVE that fall colors mix, it will be so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I think that is what is called a "tease" in that looking at the piles and bags....you must put these next to photos of the finished pieces!! What a great pile of new projects you have going now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the fall coloured leaf beads.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.