Saturday, October 29, 2011

Saturday Link List: the Halloween edition

Welcome to the Halloween edition of my weekly link list!  All month I've been putting together a Halloween DIY 2011 board on Pintrest just for my blog readers.  Yep, I'm finally on Pintrest!  I apologize for not posting that here before now.  You can click on that link to see the full set of items.  It includes recipes, costumes, decorations, and more.  I'll highlight a few of my favorites here.


I have to promote my Halloween hub again, which I did include on my board: 10 Unique Free Homemade Kid and Baby Halloween Costume Patterns.  I wrote this hub completely on a whim because the Weekly Topic Inspiration on HubPages was Halloween one week back in September, and I'd been wanting to put together a DIY kids' Halloween costumes hub for a while.  This hub has been by far the most popular hub that I've written to date by a landslide.  Thank you to everyone who has made this happen!  A large amount of my success on HubPages this fall is due solely to this little hub.

Here are a few other links that I love from my board.

Michelle wrote an awesome post over at Delicate Construction about a Halloween party that she hosted this year with lots of recipes and games.


Jamie Brock creates a lot of awesome printables for different holidays.  Halloween is no exception.  You can check out her profile to see more for upcoming holidays.  I will continue to pin them, too.

I have always loved this pumpkin cake from Kraft.  It isn't too difficult, and the result is so perfect.


Alisa Burke posted a couple great ideas this year for decorating pumpkins.  I'm sure that it's not a surprise why I picked this one to feature.  If you are not already following her blog, please head over there and start following.  Her work is so inspiring.



As someone who dressed up as a cat for Halloween for many years, I always have a weakness for kitty costumes.  Erika's little ears are too cute.


Again, you can check out the board for the complete set.  Have fun with all of your crafty Halloween endeavors this year!

Did you use one of the resources, tutorials, or recipes from my link list?  Leave me a link in the comments or send me an e-mail (randomcreative28@gmail.com) with your photos and stories.  I would love to post them here!

7 comments:

  1. the little ones in costume is too cute. And I like the decorated pumpkins. Have to think about that next year! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your Hub Article success!
    Love the kitty costume :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of Halloween fun! Love the kids in their costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The costumes are cute! I like the kitty ears too! That cake doesn't look easy to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Rose, The little ones look adorable. Happy as can be! I love the pumpkin cake. It looks real! Well, have a very blessed and safe Happy Halloween. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That 2nd photo with the "eats and treats" looks wonderful, and made me hungry. I've always admired people that have the time and talent to do all of these wonderful things around Halloween!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.