Monday, April 27, 2009

new in blue

I listed my newest button embellished right angle bracelet this week.


I got on a blue kick a couple weeks ago. There will be a few more very blue pieces listed in the next week. I've challenged myself making jewelry to not make blue jewelry all the time and explore a lot of other colors. I love blue and tend to reach for it first when choosing clothes and beads. But I love a lot of other colors, too, and it's good for me to branch out. Every once in a while I have to indulge, though! My blue button charm bracelets like this one have done so well; I'm hoping this little number will get picked up at some point, too.

I'm planning on making a dark red with a little dark purple mixed in button embellished bracelet next. After that, I'm thinking about a yellow and orange one. I'm open to other suggestions, too!

I still don't have pictures of my wedding jewelry yet. I will most likely wait until I have a couple other new creations to photograph as well, which will be at least a few more days. I'm also going to have to rework my spring challenge bracelet...again *sigh*. It's considerably heavier than most of my pieces and my normal weaving is not holding up. I think I'm going to double the weaving for each layer and see if that will be sturdy enough. I really don't want to take out any of the beads. I did make improvements weaving it the second time. Hopefully the third time will be the charm!

I think I finally have all the leaf beads that I'll need to make several more similar bracelets. It's really a good thing that I ended up keeping this first one for myself so I could perfect it before trying to sell it. In good news with collecting all of my leaf beads, I did end up ordering some from Fusion Beads. The transaction went very smoothly, and I'm pleased with the beads. I highly recommend the site to fellow jewelry makers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.