Wednesday, September 16, 2009

the start of a new series

Thank you so much to everyone who voted for my Indian Summer piece in the EBW September Challenge! I have never received that many votes in a challenge before. Congrats to trintydj who won the challenge with her Indian Summer Sunset piece. So many amazing entries as always!

I actually completed the first piece in my new series - rock garden - at the end of the summer, right after I made my pink/purple leafy series pieces. Yes, I made two of those and still couldn't get enough of those colors so I made another piece with a very similar color scheme. I fully intended to sell it, but when I tried it on to get the measurements for the listing, I realized that it fit me perfectly. I definitely hadn't intended it to be that size when I made it. So I decided to try it out for a week or so and then ended up deciding to keep it. Here's the piece that I kept.


I love the look of this design. I made the next one in green, which is the one that's now for sale in my Etsy shop. (You can click on the picture to get to the Etsy listing.)


I thought about keeping this one instead but I like how the purple fits me a little better. I still love how the green version turned out, though, and hope that others do as well! I'm thinking about making a blue/purple one next.

I completed a leafy Christmas bracelet recently as well! Is it too early to list it?

2 comments:

  1. First, I love the new blog look. Very nice!

    Second, your designs are lovely...never too "busy", just enough to make them very eye-catching. Your use of color is always spot on too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for all of your compliments! It means so much to me that so many of my blog readers take the time to leave me such sweet insight. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.