Thursday, January 13, 2011

classic colors for and other thoughts related to my shell design

I don't have a lot of shop goals for 2011 because as I'm sure a lot of you already know, this is going to be a very crazy year for me and Jake.  Once we've settled into the next stage of our lives, I'll be a little more focused about my shop.  But one thing that I am doing this year is phasing out some of my designs that I don't really want to do anything with anymore and focusing on the lines that have become my signature style.  I know that this kind of contrary to the nature of "randomcreative," but I think that it will help the overall feel of my shop with more concentrated product lines with the occasional OOAK pieces thrown into the mix.  It still won't change the fact that "randomcreative" is who I am through and through with creative projects/endeavors in my life.

One of the lines that I'm continuing to develop in my shell bead line.  I've made a few black and white versions before, but they were either for gifts or they sold before they ever got up on Etsy.  There's now one available there.  You can view the listing here.



There will be a small version available like this but with black and white soon, too.  The purple earrings have done well so I'm offering coordinating earrings with my other new shell designs, too.  I'm undecided about which color to go with for this version (and the smaller version), though.  My gut feeling is that people would like not go for one white/one black and would prefer black over white.  But let me know what you think.

I have pink and light blue in the works, too, and I just received these lovely colors in the mail this week.

3 comments:

  1. I love the toggle clasp, that mimics the shells! And thinking one color would work better than two. Hope you and Jake are having a nice time in Seattle! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this new line of yours - looking forward to seeing the green one in particular :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Deb, other people have told me that about the toggle, too! So I've stuck with it for that design. I will most likely go with black for the earrings. Thanks for your input!

    Thanks Duni! I'm hoping to have that up within the next couple months. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.