Saturday, January 28, 2012

Saturday Link List: the Valentine's Day edition

Welcome to my first holiday edition link list for 2012!  I got started on Valentine's Day crafts early this year and also got started on my link list early.  I've been building my Valentine's Day Pintrest board since late December.  You can click on the link to see the full set of items.  It's mostly craft ideas: cards, decorations, and more with a few other things thrown into the mix.

I did write one Valentine's Day article on HubPages.  I may still write at least one more, but this is what I have for now.
As always, if you missed an article of mine when I originally posted it on my blog, click here!

Here are just a few other links that I love from my board.

I like cutting hearts by hand, but I need to get a heart punch at some point so I can make projects like this.  This is on my "to do" list for sewing paper.


Tracy has written a bunch of articles about ice art projects.  Isn't this beautiful?

There are so many fun projects out there for paint samples.  My father-in-law owns a True Value, so I'm going to have some up the next time that we're there.
Source: ohcrafts.net via Rose on Pinterest

Where do you buy paper dollies (that aren't terribly expensive)?  I really want to make some of these for Valentine's Day next year.

Jamie loves to create scrapbook printables for all sorts of different holidays.  Check out my Pintrest board for a couple other great scrapbook printables as well.

For those of us who like the concept of conversation hearts but don't really enjoy eating them, this is a great alternative from Jenny.

I featured one of Ashley's items yesterday and then found her blog through her Twitter account later in the day.  She has an awesome blog!  Check out this great Valentine's Day pencil tutorial.


Again, you can check out the board for the complete set.  Have fun with all of your Valentine's Day projects this year!

Create your own link list and grab a button for your post or simply spread the word on your blog.






Saturday Link List

Did I feature your work here?  Grab a button for your blog or web site!
Saturday Link List



Did you use one of the tutorials from my link list? Leave me a link in the comments or send me an e-mail (randomcreative28@gmail.com) with your photos and stories. I would love to post them here.

Stay tuned next week for a brand new batch of recipe links!

11 comments:

  1. Love all these!! I wish I had more time to try papercrafts. The card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! Thanks for sharing my conversation heart brooches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...I LOVE those ideas Rose! That first card looks great...I see where you're heading now with the sewing paper/ card idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely checking out Jamie's scrapbook printables! Love the one featured here :)
    And Jenny's conversation heart brooches are so fun! I'm with you, I don't like eating them, but I'd wear one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Valentine's Collections, Rose! I'm sorry I wasn't there for Friday Features. This week was crazy with my move to wordpress, starting my new job and looking for apartments. I'll be back next week!!

    Jamie
    For Love of Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of the paint cards! Brilliant! I'm starting to learn to love playing with paper and this makes me want to play some more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great post, I wish I had been able to start earlier on Vday projects! I love that 3D card, too - will have to see if i have a good punch and make a few of those at least.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific selection.

    Tammy, good to see you posting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paper doilies are easy to come by - from the dollar store to Staples and other office suplies stores and of course craft stores. And if you want a case of 1000 of them for 19.95 I send you that link! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. having a heart punch would be really handy! I love the paint sample idea. And I need to look at that ice art projects - that's amazing! Thanks for the links! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are great projects. I'm looking for an economical place to buy paper doilies, too...but I don't need 1,000 of them!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.