Saturday, April 24, 2010

couple new listings, Saturday progress

I actually put this first listing up yesterday, but it totally slipped my mind to post about it here.


I took pictures of these beads at two different times, and both times they came out really dark. They have the same purples that I used in my purple beaded leaf earrings. I know that those photographs also turned out pretty dark. However, if you look at the third photo in that listing, you'll get a better idea what the beads really look like. They would work wonderfully for earrings, a bracelet, or necklace. They also make neat jewelry toggles.

I listed this new pair of earrings just a few hours ago.

Believe it or not, this was the first time that I attempted single drop peyote stitch with delicas. I had mixed single and double and done single with larger beads like size 8 Tohos, but never done a straight single with delicas. I am really pleased with the overall look of these earrings. I may make something similar again the future, but I don't have any specific colors in mind at this point.

I got all of the beads in the earrings through the Art Beads blogging program. These are actually from my Valentine's Day stash. I still haven't gotten to a project with my spring stash! These earrings include beads from the Swarovski section and the seed beads section, specifically the Miyuki delicas.

Jake and I got a new washing machine today. (We actually bought it last weekend but waited to have it delivered until today so I wouldn't have to take off work.) I've only done one load in the last two weeks so I've been playing catch up! While that's been going on, I did some gluing work for new earring studs, magnets, and tacks before it started raining this afternoon. I also finished the second of two pendants in my color explosion scheme that are currently listed as "made to order" items in my Etsy shop. I thought it was worth restocking them. Finally, I started working with Sharla (BeadedTail) on a custom bracelet to coordinate with her raspberry filled peyote triangle earrings! It will be a skinny fringed cuff like this one. She just okayed the beads that I picked out so I'll share them here.

I'm excited to start working on that this week. :)

Disclosure - I received my ArtBead's products free of charge through their blogging program. I am honestly reviewing their products and have not been paid for my endorsement as it pertains to the products I received.

12 comments:

  1. the earrings are great! It seems that you can produce items so quickly! It took me hours to move a couple of inches when beadweaving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the bracelet you're making me! I just love my earrings so know I'll love the bracelet too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Deb! The earrings me at least 2-3 hours to complete. Even a simple larger cuff with delicas takes me at least 6 hours. Even with experience, bead weaving is still a time consuming process!

    Sharla, thank you so much! I'm excited to work on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the larger bead at the bottom of the red earrings...really finishes them off nicely :)
    Can't wait to see Sharla's bracelet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So vibrant, colourful and whimsical!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the earrings and the beads, both. Sure understand wanting to get to work with the new stash, too--there's just something about a shiny new pile of beads, isn't there? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome stuff....the pics with the beads just laying out look so cool...so many pretties to make :)

    ANd congrats on the washer! We just had to switch to a new one last month...the catch up was not fun :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Theresa! I don't usually think to take in progress shots, but they are generally neat to have.

    Thanks! I can imagine!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.