Monday, August 9, 2010

voting for the August EBW Challenge and my newest red piece

Before I get to red, I want to mention that voting started for the August EBW Challenge Gold and Silver today!  Voting is August 9th-15th on the Etsy Beadweavers blog: http://etsy-beadweavers.blogspot.com.  Voting is on the right side of the page.  You can view all of the entries in the most recent blog post.  My entry is number 5: Gold and Silver Wrapped Skinny Peyote Cuff Bracelet.  Thank you so much to everyone who has already voted for it!


For those who are bead weavers, you can purchase the pattern for this cuff here.

And now the other topic for this post: red. :) I know that I've written this before here, but I still believe that red is one of the most underrated colors.  I remade my Red Striped Beadwoven Peyote Triangle Pendant design this week.  Because it took me so long to finish the coordinating cuff after the pendant, I never did photograph both pieces together.  I figured that now would be a good a time as any to do that.  I shot some new pictures of the cuff as well.  The originals weren't bad, but these are better.

Because the ribbons were such a big hit at the Arts Festival, I'm photographing all of my pendants with ribbons now.


Here's one of my shots of the two pieces together.  You can see the other shot in the triangle listing.

In an effort to show more modeling poses, I took a few pictures of myself wearing the pendant.  This was the best one.  I don't know if I'm going to use something like this for all of my listings now, but I think that's worth continuing to experiment with the idea.


Also, at everyone's urging, I experimented with some different arm/hand model poses for the cuff.  Let me know what you think.


I still love how the coordinating cuff turned out.  It was a lot of work coming up with this design, but it was well worth it!

8 comments:

  1. HA! I LOVE your blog design! really, you must come see my blog and you'll see why right away!! Anyway, such meticulous work, those little bitty beads, I'm impressed and can totally relate to the passion that drives you! :)Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pam! Your blog looks great, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. something about bubbles!!! I think bubbles=happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pieces and the red pendant and cuff set is beautiful together, a great picture. I'm not sure about models, it's really hard to get a good framed shot, but they do give people a great idea on how they fit.
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love red in clothing! Goes great with my black (and grey) hair! That cuff looks terrific!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree Pam!

    Thanks Christina! I'm not in love with any of my model shots either, but people do seem to appreciate that pose. So I'll keep experimenting with it.

    Thanks Deb! I don't wear a lot of red clothes, but I love red accessories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the RED - so bold and powerful - and lovely too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.