Saturday, December 3, 2011

Saturday Link List

Are you in the Milwaukee area?  Check out my booth at Christmas in the Country today!

Welcome to this week's edition of my link list.  Enjoy!

Jenny included several great craft fair tips in her blog post about one of her recent shows.  She had a bowl of free candy on her table.  How easy and appealing would that be?  She also added free stickers and buttons.  I love the idea of having advertising merchandise besides business cards for my customers.  Finally, she had a QR scan code.  Although I won't be implementing any of these ideas at my show this weekend, I have this post bookmarked for my 2012 shows!

A few people were curious about the Rule of Thirds after this past week's Photo Scavenger Hunt.  If you didn't Google it already, you'll get more information right here as well as information about nine other basic photography concepts.  Outside of product photography, I only have so much time to devote to other photography, but it's a concept that I always love to explore.

Do you ever get frustrated when you're browsing and lose your place because links don't open in new windows?  Prevent your blog readers from having this frustration by using the code that Grace provides.  She also provides a link so you can make additional links in new windows with different types of images and more.  (And nope, I haven't started doing this yet myself, but it's something that I should add to my "to do" list.)

Perforations are a great option for flyers, coupons, and more.  Jessica provides two different methods for perforations: either a sewing machine method or a rotary cutter method.  As many of my readers already own one or both of these devices, this technique shouldn't be too expensive to attempt.

I became a big fan of broccoli cheese soup during my undergrad days because my university cafeteria had a really great version of it.  One of these days I will make it myself.  This may be the recipe for it that I try!

Did you use one of the resources, tutorials, or recipes from my link list?  Leave me a link in the comments or send me an e-mail (randomcreative28@gmail.com) with your photos and stories.  I would love to post them here!

You may be interested in a list of online colleges that offer classes in photography, art, or culinary arts.

6 comments:

  1. Well thanks again for the linking - I do hope folks found/find it helpful.. Have a great show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Broccoli cheese soup is my favorite!
    And I'm off to check out Grace's tip...I need an easier way of doing that so I'll actually take the time to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isabella was going to write a post for the BBArtisans about the post in a new window thing. I'll have to remind her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking to my post! I'm glad you found my tips helpful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely a couple that I want to check out here! But your soup made me really hungry... mmmm.... be back later... mmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  6. another great series of links! off to check them out!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.