Friday, December 5, 2008

chain links, another Christmas bracelet, and a resolved frustration

I made one more Christmas bracelet over the Thanksgiving weekend. I think that this will be the last one for this Christmas season although that could always change.

I finished another chain links bracelet actually right before Thanksgiving. This is the third one I've made. I haven't posted pictures of any of them yet so here they all are. The first and third ones are listed on Etsy. The second one is one that I made for myself, but would be more than willing to make someone similar to for others. I thought that these bracelets might feel bulky and awkward, but after wearing mine for over a month now, I have to say that it's really not. It's extremely light and if it fits right, you will barely notice that it's there.



I made a peyote stitch bracelet with detail work earlier this fall. I loved the color combination, but it was too heavy. The loop and toggle kept pulling even after I'd reworked them a couple times. I let it sit for a while because I didn't know what I wanted to do with it and couldn't bare to scrap the idea altogether. This past week I finally figured out what I wanted to do and put it together over the last couple days. I am SO HAPPY with the result. It has the same color effect that I was originally going for and fits me perfectly. It's a right angle weave bangle now and is honestly the first one I've made that really fits me well. I will post a picture of it as soon as I've gotten around to taking one.

Also, in other good news, my mom bought one of my button charm bracelets to give to someone as a thank you present. I'm going to ship it off to her on Monday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.