Thursday, August 29, 2013

O is for Other People

Are you ready for another round of Alphabe Thursday? Let's go!

Even a couple years ago, I never would have imagined that I'd enjoy taking pictures of what I've started to refer to as "other people" so much. There are a lot of occasions where I'm out taking pictures by myself or with a friend and simply enjoy documenting some of the people I see during the experience. There are other occasions where I'm with a group of family members and/or friends, and it can be more fun to take pictures of people I don't know than bother the people I do know by taking their pictures constantly.

I think that this type of picture taking also appeals to the writer in me. I've never made up a story based on random people that I photographed (and probably won't any time soon), but I still like to think about the stories that I could tell about them.

Greenfield Park, May 2013
Bird watchers.

Klode Park, July 2013


Bristol Renaissance Fair, July 2013


One of the best people watching opportunities ever.

Atwater Beach, July 2013
iPhone modeling at its best.



At Pierhead Lighthouse, July 2013

I'm Not a Pilot in Whitefish Bay, August 2013




Check out what the other participants posted for the letter O this week right here!

11 comments:

  1. Great people watching photos! I still like the ones of the kids dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that little guy in the orange shorts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! My grandson asked me once why I so often take shots of people when they are looking away, instead of into the camera. I told him that is when they are most likely to pause long enough for me to focus and get a good shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great photos! i think part of the appeal of photographing strangers is capturing a moment in time that will never be repeated. thanks for sharing yours!

    xoxo,
    lesley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Rose, These are wonderful. I love people watching. It is fascinating.
    Blessings dear. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahahaha. I love it! O is for other people. Perfect. And I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one who takes photos of people I don't know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fun photos!
    yep, I do take photos of "Other People" sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you that there is a story in many photos. I especially like the second last photo where one little girl has her arms around another little girl, and a third child has her hands over her ears.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is oddly intriguing to imagine the stories behind these photographs of other people...

    I am overwhelmed with the unlimited possibilities!

    Writing stories about the different ordeals other people encounter and overcome based on one photograph is an absolutely outstanding idea!

    Thanks for linking to the letter "O".

    A+

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.