Sunday, January 17, 2010

pink/red rock garden bracelet and other weekend projects

As promised, here is my pink/red rock garden bracelet that I listed today. :)


Red is one of my favorite colors. I enjoy incorporating it into my pieces all year round. So I didn't plan for this to look like a Valentine's Day piece, but it works well with the holiday coming up! I really wanted to use the rose quartz chips and red coral chips together as soon as I got them. I was a little worried that the contrast would be too harsh, but other beads in contrasting pinks and reds in the bracelets pull everything together nicely. This is the first rock garden bracelets I've made that doesn't actually have any leaf beads in it. I have other Czech glass beads and cubic zirconia hearts mixed in with the rose quartz and coral.

Unfortunately that ones that I used in this bracelet are currently out of stock, but there are lots of other colors still in stock in the cubic zirconia Valentine's Day section. I just put my latest blogging order in this weekend, which also included some of the hearts from the Czech glass Valentine's Day section. I'll post more details about my full order and all of my plans for my new hearts later.

Since last night, I've taken and edited pictures of my newest leafy bracelet, completed a new celestial themed bracelet, and put together partial mixes for several new pieces. During the week when I don't have as much time to work on jewelry, I sometimes get frustrated when I spend most of a night resorting beads from an old project, then sorting beads for a new one, and not having much time for the actual assembly of a new piece. Hopefully having new project mixes already partially assembled will help this process go a little quicker during the week.

Today I also did some baking. I made bread pudding and monster cookies. I'd never heard of monster cookies before I moved to Iowa, but they're very tasty. Different people's recipes vary, but the recipe I use (which Jake got from one of his research co-workers in the summer of 2008) has oatmeal, chocolate chips, peanut butter, and M&Ms.




I start student teaching (in my own classroom) and my last master's class tomorrow. That means that things will be that much crazier than usual until the end of April, but then I have ALL of my coursework for my master's finished!

Disclosure - I received my ArtBead's products free of charge through their blogging program. I am honestly reviewing their products and have not been paid for my endorsement as it pertains to the products I received.

1 comment:

  1. You won the giveaway on my blog Rose! Did you get my email?

    Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.