Sunday, May 9, 2010

continued weekend progress

I hope that all of the mothers reading this have had a Happy Mother's Day. :)

Today was another productive day with crafty endeavors. I finished the majority of the signs for my booth. Currently I have them under a large book to flatten them out a bit. I will take (and post) pictures of them later this week. I've decided that I will have enough magnets to sell them at the Arts Festival so I need to finish all of the ones that I have assembled but not yet glued. I made a decent amount of progress with that today. I photographed three bead woven items and two button stud earrings. I organized my finished but not yet photographed button stud earrings. The weather was gorgeous today, and I was able to photograph outside. Finally, I finished a cuff that I've been working on intermittently for the past couple months. It's similar to my Easter morning peyote cuff but with a fall color scheme.

I picked out the beads for a pink/black skinny peyote cuff. I think working on Sharla's cuff a couple weeks ago inspired me to make another skinny cuff right away because I finally finished pink/black one yesterday. While I had the pink base beads out, another idea came to mind. Normally if I name my pieces, I don't do it until they're completed. Also, I normally don't pick out the button that I'll use for the clasp until I've finished the rest of the piece. However, a name popped into my head right away, and while I was searching for a pink/black button clasp, I found a perfect button for this cuff, too.

Here's my mix with the button. It's going to be a wrapped cuff like this one but with more embellishment. I'm going to call it Birthday Cake.


I hope that this week gets off to a great start for everyone tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. Yes the forum thread was dullish this week. Even my shop views were especially low and only picked up a little with the start of voting. I can usually count on a post from you! I hope everyone was busy with family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you had such a productive weekend :) Can't wait to see all the new pieces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's going to be gorgeous when it's done! The name is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bead mix with the button:) can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a productive weekend! The name sounds perfect with those colors! Can't wait to see all your new projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! I will be sure to post pictures of the new bracelet when I've finished it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.