Tuesday, February 16, 2010

congrats, purple earrings

I sold my latest version of the leafy series - autumn with the Lisa Peters button in person to my grandma yesterday. :) It may be the last one with large bronze beads like this. The cone beads are still available, but the bronze leaves aren't. I still have a personal version of it with these cones leaves. I'll be brainstorming a new for sale version with something a little different.

Congratulations to Laura (Lauralia) for winning the January/February EBW Challenge Ocean/Sea with her Imagined Seas necklace! Thanks much to all who voted for my leafy ocean piece, too. :) As always, there were so many amazing entries. The March theme is Fairy Tale. I would LOVE to design something that Belle from Beauty and the Beast (my favorite Disney movie of all time) would wear, but I'm not sure if it's going to come together in time for the challenge.

I photographed my newest pair of earrings today after the latest set of repairmen had finished. (I don't want to speak too soon, but it's the last set of scheduled visits for now at least.) I'm still thinking of a name for this pair. Any suggestions would be appreciated!



I still don't have any of my earrings for sale on Etsy yet, but if you're interested in any of them for yourself, they'll be $7.00 each. Let me know, and I'll create a listing for you. And like all of my designs, you can request them in any color. If I haven't designed something that speaks to you yet, let me know what you'd like. :)

9 comments:

  1. Those earrings are pretty...they remind me of strawberry slices.
    Maybe they could be called Strawberry Fields :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors you used in those earrings! I agree with Edi on the name - she's so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edi's name choice sounds great - it suits them :) You could even make a variety of "fruits" to get a theme going :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you SO MUCH for the feedback everyone! I was thinking about raspberry centers after I finished the earrings so it's good to see that others also thought fruit when they saw them. I'll let you know what I decide!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! Nice colors, and yes, they do remind me of strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty - I think you might be charging too little though...I rarely see bead woven earrings under $15.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I know that most people charge a lot more for their earrings, Ruthie. I honestly could never seen going above $10. They take under 2 hours, and I never use any delicas that cost over $3.00/8 grams.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.