Sunday, March 14, 2010

Easter cuff and weekend progress/happenings

Thanks to my spring post yesterday, I sold my beloved orange flower garden peyote cuff to Deborah (storybeader)! It will be on its way to her in Oklahoma tomorrow. :) I hope that she enjoys it as much as I (and many others) have.

After selling the orange garden cuff, I decided that this would be as good a time as ever to list my newest flower cuff: Easter morning peyote cuff.



I got most of the Czech flower beads that I used in this cuff not long after I created the original orange version back in August and have been thinking about making this after since. Starting this cuff was also what started my current green obsession. You've already seen this green delica mix or variations of the mix in other pieces and will continue to see it in several more pieces.

I completed a remake of a button charm bracelet design this weekend, this time with matching earrings. I actually made two versions of both. One set will be for sale on Etsy and one set will go to a silent auction. More details on that when it gets closer. Here's a picture of the buttons that I picked out for the bracelets.
I completed a couple other smaller pieces as well. Lots of new listings in the near future!

The biggest news from the weekend is that Jake and I bought a new car (new to us anyway). It's a white 2009 Toyota Corolla. Jake's car had been having a lot of issues for quite a while, and we'd been planning on buying on a new car sometime this spring or summer. This was a little earlier than we'd figured and more money that we'd planned on spending (isn't that always how it goes with cars?), but we're very pleased with what we got. Hopefully it'll be a great car for us for a long time. Jake will be driving it most of the time for now (and I'll still be driving my 1997 Mitsubishi Galant which is still running wonderfully...hopefully I'm not jinxing anything by saying that!), but once I'm not commuting so far at some point down the road (another 1-2 years), we may switch. For now it doesn't make sense to put tons of miles on the new car. It's still hard to believe that it's really ours.


Heading into another week now. At least the days are longer and warmer again!

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on your sale to Deb and also on your new car! Sounds like it was a great weekend for you and I hope you have a great week too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous cuff!

    and congrats on new car.

    I'm hoping for my boyfriend to get a car running soon, with a baby on the way he needs to get to a better job quick, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the sale!
    Love the new bracelet :)
    Congrats on the new car too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that green cuff!

    Congratulations on the new car - drive safely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's a beautiful blue cuff too! I love the color blue, but actually think I like the orange flowers better!

    I'd be afraid to buy a Toyota at this time... be careful! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cuff!!! fab colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for putting my pushpins in your post! :) I'm so excited! Great collection. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats for the sale and the new car!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your technique of adding flowers to the peyote! Very original...at least to me :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.