Saturday, March 20, 2010

packages

We awoke this morning to a blanket of fresh SNOW. Predicted, yes. Still upsetting.


Thankfully, as you can see in the photo, the roads were not frozen so the driving conditions were good today. Also, I took that picture a little over five hours ago, and most of it has melted since then. It's still a little depressing in mid/late March. Hopefully the weather forecast will stay true and it will warm right up again. It was 60 on Thursday!

I received several packages in the mail this week. The first was my latest set of beads from ArtBeads through their blogging program. We were allowed to pick anything from their site this time with the intention of making at least one spring piece from it. With this current order, I now have way more than enough beads to put together another leafy spring piece like my original version.


Besides the leaves, my newest stash includes delicas and Tohos. When I lined up my delicas, I realized how much I love the opaque espresso pearls with lime. The color possibilities never end!

I also got my newest selection of ceramic buttons from Lisa (LisaPetersArt) (all paid for through jewelry sales!). I purchased several from her Etsy site, and then she was kind of enough to photograph some of her smaller unlisted pieces and let me choose what I wanted.

I love all of them, but I think that the triangles are especially cool. So unique!

Finally, in unrelated jewelry topics, I got my first shipment of Proactiv.
I just started it today so nothing yet, but I'll let you know how it goes. I'm hopeful. I haven't been to a derm in over 3 years, but if this doesn't do the trick, I will look for one out here this summer.

I hope that everyone's having a good weekend! :)

Disclosure - I received my ArtBead's products free of charge through their blogging program. I am honestly reviewing their products and have not been paid for my endorsement as it pertains to the products I received.

11 comments:

  1. We also had snow this morning in the western suburbs of Chicago. My pansies that I planted on Wednesday afternoon came thru with smiling brightly colored faces! It is a spring ritual (around March 15) for me to search out a place to purchase pansies; they are in planters so I would bring them inside if the snow forecast were for inches of snow. Flowers always cheer me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like a lot of the country got dumped on with snow this weekend! I'm glad that your flowers are safe from it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was sunny and near 70 earlier here today but the clouds are rolling in which will bring rain. Hopefully Spring comes soon and stays!

    Those beads are all so pretty! Can't wait to see what you create with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad to hear you're part of the blogging program... I was part of Blogging for Beads - sounds like the same thing! That's so nice of them. Good luck with the spring project - you're work is absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to show off the new bracelet! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see what you make with those beads!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great goodies! Can't wait to see what you create with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharla, I'm ready for spring to come and stay soon, too! Deb, it is their Blogging for Beads program. I've been in it for about a year now, and it's been great.

    Thanks Lisa and Theresa! I will be sure to show off my creations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snow! I'll bet you're pretty tired of snow by now!
    Those beads are so colorful and inspiring, I hope you have fun playing with them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I am definitely tired of it!
    Thanks, I will. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had snow this weekend too...yuk!

    That bead program is awesome! I wish they offered something like this for paper crafters!

    Good luck with the Proactiv :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think a lot of the midwest got dumped on this weekend. Thankfully most of our snow is gone already. I hope that yours is, too!

    I'll let you know if I ever see anything similar for paper/scrapbooking.

    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.