Wednesday, September 4, 2013

photo share: Madison

Jake and I took a short trip to Madison, WI at the end of last month. We were only there for a couple days, but it was great to get away for a little bit. I'm still going through my photos, but here are a few of my favorites.

I did get a few pictures of the animals, but my favorite pictures are the ones that I took while looking at the zoo from across the water.


Wisconsin State Capitol at dusk

Wisconsin State Capitol at night



inside the State Capitol


from the Capitol observatory level







Have you ever taken pictures in your state capitol?

* Have you entered my huge photography giveaway yet? If not, go check it out! *

13 comments:

  1. Your state capitol building looks gigantic! The night shots are awesome!
    We don't have any comparable building here, except for in Berlin, but I'm not going to be there any time soon ;-)

    p.s. LOVE your new header too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photos. I love the photos of the capital building as well as Olbrich.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots of the capitol -- and I love the butterfly photo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool shots! I've never been to WI, but my parents are going there in a few months.

    ♥ aquariann
    Featured Photo: Dragon Statue

    ReplyDelete
  5. The capitol at night looks so cool! Love the black and white :)
    And your butterfly shot for your new banner is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool looking city! Your photos are great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the night photos! I tried some of these years ago, but haven't lately! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos Rose! I like them all especially the first two. There's so much 'life' in all of these if that makes sense. They seem to have stories to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful state capital photos. And I love the falling water at the botanical gardens. Those are fantastic! Glad you got away for a few days. {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Rose, Glad that you got some R&R. The pictures get better and better. I love them. It is wonderful how you can get such close ups of nature with the camera's. Blessings dear and a hug. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! My dad was born in Madison - nice to see your views of it! I grew up in our state's capital and have taken many photos there. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That picture of the Capitol with the reflection is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Rose, All of these photo's are very nice. It reminds me of warmer weather.
    Stay cozy and warm and have a beautiful Valentine's Day. Blessings dear. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.