Monday, September 30, 2013

photo share: final summer zoo visits

It's hard to believe that summer zoo visits are over, even though it's almost October already. I made it to the Milwaukee County Zoo five times this summer, which is pretty cool. I edited the last couple sets from this summer and am sharing a few of those photos today. Enjoy.


Peacock babies! There are tons of peacocks at the Milwaukee Zoo that roam all over the grounds, but I'd never seen babies before.


This was my first time seeing the bird show.








Did you get to the zoo this summer?

9 comments:

  1. Dear Rose, I love elephants! Your pictures are wonderful.
    I cannot believe the summer has come and gone. Time does really fly by.
    Thank you for your visits and I am sorry that I have been slow in getting back. I am thinking of you.
    Take good care and blessings dearest. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! I just love animals! I have never seen baby peacocks before. Of course I love the big cats :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some great shots! The leopards snuggling are so cute. The peacock looks very proud of her brood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what critter is under the hyena, but they're adorable! I love how the leopards were being total cats, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know those animals must be moving around, but your photos are so crisp and clear. The birds are beautiful! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, great shots of all of the animals! I have trouble with that because they always move.

    I haven't been to a zoo in several years. The last one I went to was in northern Wisconsin, and I ended up feeling really bad for the animals that were there. It was a small facility and I just don't think they had the resources to do it properly. It was very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww...they're all so cute! The baby peacocks are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures! I haven't been to the zoo in quite a while! We have a nice one here in Portland. I should go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shots! Love the elephant's pose and those snuggling leopards.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.