Thursday, September 19, 2013

R is for Reflection

Are you ready for another round of Alphabe Thursday? Let's go!

During the past year, I've both consciously and unconsciously been seeking out opportunities to take pictures of reflections. Sometimes I plan it, sometimes I get home and realize that I have a bunch of reflection photos from a shoot. I'm sharing just a few of these photos here today.

Before I get to those newer photos, I'm sharing one blast from the past. This is me, Jake, and my brother on a family cruise in early 2008. There were ceiling mirrors all over the cruise ship.

San Antonio Riverwalk, December 2012
 
Greenfield Park, Milwaukee area, January 2013

Klode Park, Whitefish Bay, January 2013

Downtown Chicago, February 2013

 
Milwaukee Art Museum, March 2013

Veteran's Park, Milwaukee, April 2013

McKinley Marina, Milwaukee, May 2013
 
Whitnall Park, Milwaukee area, May 2013

Lakefront Brewery, Milwaukee, May 2013
 
 The Wisconsin Capitol in Madison, August 2013

In the neighborhood, September 2013
 
Check out what the other Alphabe participants posted for the letter R this week right here!

17 comments:

  1. Fabulous reflections post! I love that number plate reflected in the puddle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. reflection photos are always intriguing - you have some fabulous ones here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Wonderful and fun to reflect upon! Hm...so hard to pick a favorite...I do love the ones with the trees and the lamppost and the riverwalk...and...

    Blessings & Aloha!
    Making my way through all the great "R" posts this week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rose - these photos are great and I can happily say that I've travelled from across the other side of the world to visit the places you've featured with the exception of Whitefish Bay - decades ago now! I did some student teaching in Stillwater Minnesota when I was in my twenties, then a group of we Australian 'teachers-to-be' drove around the United States. Great R post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whitnall park photo is one that I would hang on my wall. Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. reflections are really something else. I thought at first the reflections in water was the best, but the reflections in city buildings are beautiful too! Great post! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shots Rose! I love reflection shots and you found some great angles to get fabulous photos! I like the lamppost reflection in the melting snow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A joy to stop by your blog - superb shots!

    Have a great weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reflections are double blessing of something beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought the tree reflections were my favorite, but then I saw the street lamp reflected in the puddle! It is really cool. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great post!! When I saw R for reflection I wasn't even thinking of reflections in pictures. I really the shot of the capital building.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What great reflection shots! I always love reflections in the water...so dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the reflections especially the water puddle ones. great R post.

    hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. these are wonderful. Especially the one of the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wonderful photos! San Antonio riverwalk looks like a great place to visit. I like the mood your Greenfield shot captures. There is something calming about reflections of boats in water.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow what a beautiful river walk!! I love the whole concept of this photog collection; thanks for sharing!!

    Thanks for linking up to the I <3 My Blog {Hop}

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  17. These photographs of reflections are really cool...

    I am always surprised by the remarkable images you share!

    Thanks for linking to the letter "R"!

    A+

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.