Tuesday, May 7, 2013

April / May show wrap up

Today I'm sharing photos of and feedback about the craft shows that I had the past two weekends.





One of the biggest things that I did for these two shows is shoot, edit, and prepare a whole new set of photos for my banner. You can see the previous set here. I love the white photo backgrounds with the white banner. I'll be able to use this set for the remainder of 2013, if not longer.


I am really glad that I moved the bulk of my button bracelets to this spot in my set up. They get a lot more attention over here. I don't necessarily sell more of them, but they draw people into my booth.

My $15-$40 lines have lots of space to shine in the middle of my display.


My lower end show only items get a lot of attention in this spot, which is great, because I count on them always selling. It's great to get the bigger purchases, but the smaller purchases add up, too. I really like the way that I've organized the earrings as well. It's much less cluttered, and as a result, I have already had a good number of earring sales for 2013.

The first of the two shows was okay. The set up and tear down process was somewhat of a logistical nightmare, but the traffic was better than expected. Sales were a little slow but steady. For the most part, customers were cheery and happy to engage in conversation with the vendors, which goes a long way toward making a day go more quickly.

The second of the two shows was great. I had done it the year before and was looking forward to being back there again. I didn't set any sales records, but it was a solid day for me. We had really great crowds all day. I love shows where there are a wide range of customers from families with little kids to high school and college couples to older people, and this was definitely one of those shows.

Out of the three shows that I've done so far in 2013, I would definitely go back to two of them, which is a pretty great way to start the year. I also did well enough at the other one to make it worth the day so I can't complain.

Finally, this is what happens when I vend craft shows with friends who like to take pictures.
You know you wish that you could hang out with me all day at shows.

How are you 2013 craft fairs going?

17 comments:

  1. Those blown up photos with the white background really stand out! Great job on displaying the smaller items and nice you have a mirror handy!
    Happy to hear that two of the shows were a success and worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely would love to hang out with you at your shows! And what a large, and varied, stock you have...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are multi-talented, my friend! What a lovely set-up and look at your beautiful booth! Your creativity and professionalism shines through. I'm impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your set up looks fantastic. I love the new pictures on the sign. Everything looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of product! I'm glad you figured out which items to put on the two ends of the "U" arrangement--having the wrong things there means less booth traffic. Your new bracelet photos look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the banner looks like it's interchangeable, which is always helpful. Like your musical fabric - neat! And the magnets look so pretty, all together like that! So glad that you have had good shows so far {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I just had to come and take a look. I am addicted to these sort of craft fairs, and your display and goods were amazing. wish I was there, I would have bought in bulk! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your displays look great! Sounds like you really enjoy doing the shows. Wish I lived a little closer because I'd love to stop by and see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Makes me want to hop in my car and drive to your next craft show. Of course I know I'd have to bring lots of $$$ with me as I see a ton of stuff I really like in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great display Rose, looks so colorful, bright and full of ultra interesting reasons to buy!! i would have a field day as I love these craft shows and have exhibed at quite a number through the years. Miss it and your photos have really spured me on to get cracking and get stock together!! Congrats on an awesome banner and layout, delighted for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Having a friend at craft shows make the time go pleasantly.
    Your set up looks great--so organized!
    Congratulations on your sales!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great setup!! Glad the shows went well. I will be doing at least 2 craft fairs this Fall, hopefully 3. I'm waiting to hear on my application to the juried show. I also try to have some less expensive items just for craft fairs. You're right --- they do add up! Love your new photos, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad they went well! The placement of items looks great, too. I agree about the smaller sales really adding up. I would say around 40% of my sales at shows are these coordinating flower rings and bobby pins, which retail between $9 and $14. Sell 'em like hotcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful display Rose. I like that you are figuring out logistics and placement of different price points. I need to learn from you. Glad you did well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's great that both shows went well. Your new banner looks great with those crisp new photos!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on both shows going well! Your display would certainly get my attention! It's nice your shows allow so much space. Most of the ones I've been too have space for just an 8' table which makes it hard to fit everything on.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm like Sharla--most of the shows here just give you an 8' table, then when I see your setup, I an envious! Your U setup is awesome! so glad that you are doing well with your shows!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.