Wednesday, May 29, 2013

another Greenfield Park excursion

When I want to switch up my walking routine from the VA grounds and a couple other spots in my neighborhood, Greenfield Park is always the first place on my list. One of my challenges this spring and summer is going to be getting out to walk once in a while purely for exercise without my camera. This time the camera came along, though. Enjoy.



This has quickly become one of my favorite shots. I look for opportunities to get similar compositions just about any time I'm out with my camera now.

 



Look at those little baby geese! I love seeing them this time of year.

I've started photographing things through chain link fences, and it's really addicting. This shot is of a playground. For some reason, that subject really appeals to me for this kind of composition.

 


Where do you enjoy walking in your area?

12 comments:

  1. I love your experiments with photography! The compositions are always interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the baby ducks! Your photos make me want to go walking in that park! I've looked at the cameras online so much the ads pop up on about every site I go to so guess it must be time to go ahead and get one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I thought my favorite was the pink flower tree, but I really like the budding tree just a couple below it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I do love that first shot! Those baby geese are so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first photo is intriguing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty! It's cool how even the simplest objects become like a work of art, and are very interesting, when photographed well.
    I love the baby geese! I saw some baby Canadian Geese the other day in Ct, with their mother, and it was just as sweet. I wish I had had my camera out at the time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved looking at your photos...I really like the one of the two people taking photos! Funny and cute.

    I just posted about one my favorite walking places here in Vancouver, BC. We have a lot of forested area here so we are never far away from a walk in the woods!

    Popping over from the EBT...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa! The two people are actually bird watching. Vancouver is so beautiful! Jealous.

      Delete
  8. What fun! I love the peeling bark - and the baby geese. Wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great photos! You know I'm loving that pink flowering tree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the baby geese are adorable! We have a duck pond close, and I always like to see the waterfowl. Like the tree with the peeling bark! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you share your excursions with us! Your photos are so fun and interesting. I love the way you experiment with your camera. Don't you just love when you come home to view your shots and you find one that makes you say Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.