Monday, May 13, 2013

a little photo tour of Doctors Park

Before I get to the photos, I want to address something briefly. I get a lot of questions about the water in many of my park and beach photos around the Milwaukee area. It's Lake Michigan. Many people don't seem to realize that:
1) Both Milwaukee and Chicago border Lake Michigan
2) All of the Great Lakes are so expansive that aesthetically, they're more like oceans. Unless I'm taking pictures of a little river or pond, the huge body of water in my photos is Lake Michigan.

I hope that you enjoy this installment of photos today from Doctors Park just north of Milwaukee.



If you have an SLR and have never experimented with shooting in black and white, I highly recommend it. I cannot even begin to describe how amazing it is to put together photos like this one straight on the camera without editing them into black and white formats later.













Thanks for touring Milwaukee with me today!

New articles:
Washi Tape Storage and Organization Ideas
Easy Homemade Cookie Dough Dip Recipes

19 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking us on a tour of Milwaukee today! Your photos are beautiful! I do like the black and white ones although I'm usually not a fan. You're converting me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting name for a park :) Great b/w shots - I especially love the one with the pebbles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic photos, as usual. Your black and whites are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always loved black and white photography. Great pictures as always! Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous shots! You are looking quite professional! I love the way you take ordinary, everyday things like a swing set or concrete and put a spin on them to create interest. They are like the beginning of a story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful tour of Milwaukee. All of your photos are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the swings! It makes me so happy to know I'm not the only person who runs around taking photos of everything in site. I went somewhere with my sister last week and she kept looking at me strangely because I took a zillion photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always, your photos are fantastic. Doctor's Park looks like a place I need to go, next time I'm up that way.
    Furthermore, your experiments with different shooting modes are awesome. It's so fun how photography makes us get outside AND makes us slow down to notice things we otherwise might not. Good stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely pictures!! People don't believe me when I tell them how massive Lake Michigan is. We used to always go to the beach in Chicago and I used to love all of the lakeshore shows too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rose your photography is beautiful!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love that first photo! So many great shots here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the B&W beach photo. The stones are so beautiful! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, those photos are so beautiful! I especially love the fourth to last.

    ReplyDelete
  14. More great photos! The black and white were striking. And I love the beach shot with the not-yet-leafing-out tree.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that 4th photo in black and white. I know it's Lake Michigan, but it sure reminds me of the ocean in Oxnard, California, where we used to live.

    ReplyDelete
  16. In my opinion, you've presented the content in a thorough yet precise manner, which is genuinely expedient for someone looking for the exact facts at time rather than to roam around the bush in spending a lot of time searching with the Internet.

    Jute Tote Bags

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful! Love the rocky beach and I like black and white photos, too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.