Wednesday, May 1, 2013

April Top Commenters and May News

Happy May!
I am so excited for a new month with more free time and hopefully some continuing warm weather (finally!).

Top Commenters
As always, I really appreciate all of the feedback that I get on this blog. It means a lot that so many people take time to share their insights with me.  Thanks to Grace of Dragon's Alley for stopping by and commenting regularly! Check out goodies from some of my other top commenters who are selling their handmade items online.







 


Blog Sponsors and May Advertising
I have an awesome round up of blog sponsors!  These lovely ladies all have Etsy shops and/or blogs.  Check them out on the left hand side of my blog under "Private Sponsors." Would you like to join the them?  It's only $3 per month or $10 for 4 months to advertise with me.  Check out all of the details about it right here.
 
Out With the Old Sale
 I cannot even tell you how happy it would make me to see even one or two of these older pieces go to new homes in the near future. I'll keep my Out With the Old Sale going through Christmas in July. Take advantage of these great deals on handmade beaded pieces while you can.

Bring It On May!
  • I am wrapping up with choir, handbells, and Bible study (until the fall) in the next couple weeks. I'm looking forward to purchasing a new camera lens (still looking at this one) and getting out with my camera a lot more often. I made a list of a couple dozen places that I'd like to photograph in the greater Milwaukee area between May and October and hope to hit one or two every week.
  • Significantly building my SLR portfolio is part of my plan to launch serious photography selling. I'll be sharing more on that during the next few months, but one of the first steps is that I'm planning to open a paid SmugMug account this month and get it ready to open to the public by early June. That may be too ambitious, but I'm pretty confident that I can get it open and running with a respectable amount of inventory this summer.
  • All of my hard work to keep both seasonal and non-seasonal traffic going on HubPages during a slower time of year is paying off. My traffic numbers have remained more than double what they were this time last year. I'm hoping that I can keep these numbers going through the summer.
What is going on with your blog and/or business for May?

11 comments:

  1. Rose! Thank you for the shout-out! I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday! I love spring and the green and it's so fun to be outside more and more. :)
    I hope you also have a wonderful May Day and have fun with that camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for featuring my necklace! May is going to be a bit of a breather for me (knock on wood). My semester ends a week from today, which will give me about a month off before summer classes start. I hope to get more stuff done around the house, I have one craft show, and we've made a handful of plans with other couples and family members. I also need to prep for a trunk show coming up in June, but that won't be urgent since I have so much time. It should be a nice break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that's a whole lot of lovely items...The warmer weather and sunshine is welcome - Open the windows! YAY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for featuring my earrings along with these other lovely items! I really like those necklaces! I'm so happy for you with how your photography is coming along! I really need to get my camera and follow my dreams too. What lens do you currently have? Congrats on your Hubpages success too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great plans, Rose! I'm looking forward to seeing how the photography selling plans develop. Thank you for including my green scarflette in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the greens! Thanks so much for including my earrings, and I love Cyndi's green cat eye post card! It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Green is the perfect color for May! I'm also so glad the weather will be warming up. It's a great time of year, except for our tornado season. I'm looking forward to working on more 21 Secrets workshops, and getting out in the garden. Thanks for the shout out and photo! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks again for the shout out! I love your blog, and love keeping up with you and all your wonderful goals. You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great features! Glad you are having success with your hub pages. All the best on your other endeavors and your sale!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing my necklace Rose! It sounds like you have some great thing going in May and congrats on your success with your hub pages. I hope you are able to visit all the spots on your list as you build your portfolio.
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  11. great news about your photography selling plans! much success!
    lovely features today!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.