Wednesday, June 23, 2010

back from vacation

Thank you much to everyone who left me comments while I was out of town, especially those who left comments about my Art Beads summer piece!  Jake and I had a wonderful vacation.  We went to the Wisconsin Dells for 5 days.  I took over 500 pictures so it's going to take me a while to go through them all, but here's one of us at Devil's Lake State Park (about 15 minutes south of the Dells).

There was another couple on the lookout point who asked us to take their picture.  They were kind enough to take the above shot of us.

I may post more details about the trip here as I continue to go through my pictures.  Otherwise look for more about that on Facebook soon. :)

I didn't do any beading and button work while we were out of town, but I did pick up my current counted cross-stitch project again.  I bought this wizard kit back in 2007 before we'd even moved to Iowa, and I started working on it during the summer of 2008.  I'm pretty sure that I won't finish it for at least another year.  I will try to get a picture of my progress again at some point.  Angel loves to watch me work on cross-stitch so I may try to get Jake to take a picture of her "helping" me sometime.

I took pictures of a bunch of older pieces before we left and have continued updating listings today.  Here are a couple of them.

11 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a fun vacation; always nice to have someone take pictures of you together. News from EBW seems to be new members mostly and not much. I haven't a clue what I'll submit for the challenge this month! I'm almost finished with a freeform brick stitch beaded around a Venetian bead bracelet in blues and gold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos...glad to hear you had a great time :)

    Love the striped cuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I haven't thought about doing a challenge for EBW in a while, Karen. I should...Your new piece sounds really neat!

    Thanks Edi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! Looks like a beautiful place you visited!

    Love the cuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how nice that you had a photography swap. It looks like a great view!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome vaca! Looking forward to seeing more pics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pic, it looks so exotic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! It's Wisconsin so it's not really too exotic haha. Still pretty, though.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.