Tuesday, June 15, 2010

more upgrades/improvements

Thank you to everyone who replied about my new banner and avatar!  I really appreciate your honesty.  I put together another new banner and avatar earlier tonight.  Taking some advice, I included full shots of my pieces on the banner.  The avatar is a partial shot like my old avatar was, but it has better detail than the one I made yesterday.  I also incorporated sheet music more prominently.  Hopefully all of this will help!  You can check them out here.  The new avatar is also on other sites like Blogger and Facebook so you may have already seen it tonight.

I got a postal scale today.  Thank you to those who gave me advice in that area as well!  From here on out, I will provide tracking information for all orders that ship in the USA and are paid for through PayPal.  While I was thinking about packaging/shipping today, I decided to take pictures of my packaging (while I got my raffle winner earrings ready to ship) and put together a packaging image for Etsy listings and whatnot.


I updated a couple more listings with new pictures tonight.  The first one is my Winding Road with checked border peyote cuff.  This is one of the first peyote cuffs I ever wove with delicas.

The second is one my black and silver right angle bangle.

I did get both of my raffle winner packages in the mail today (as well as a couple more used book Amazon packages, woohoo!).  I worked on Father's Day cards tonight instead of my Art Beads piece.  I may still sit down with it for a little while before I head to bed.

9 comments:

  1. Your new banner is of your bracelet that I titled a box of Fannie Mae Candies. I see the caramels, the vanilla creams, chocolate.... So you have to know I love it! Last night I exercised the old adage "If you can't say anything good about it, don't say anything at all".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - busy day for you! Great packaging for lovely creations =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how things are looking! Love the banner (great depth of field), but can you make it less pixels high? Just my opinion. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shop is looking great! I am personally drawn to bright pretty colors, you might consider using one of your brighter pieces for your avatar...but this is obviously a personal preference. You might ask others what colors draw them in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your avatar and banner much better! I can tell what it is! Plus, I love how you incorporated the music and button bracelet too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you much for the feedback! I decided to keep my newest banner and go back to the old avatar (the one that I've been using for the past year). :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new Etsy banner, definitely more "you" so to speak. I equate the sheet music with you and like the way you incorporated that in as well as the shots of the bracelets. Makes me think it's time for me to get a new banner/avatar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Theresa! I'm not very good about updating things like this very often either!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.