Wednesday, June 30, 2010

new listing, finally doing justice to an old challenge piece, blog voting

I listed a new pair of earrings tonight: color explosion tetrahedron earrings.




As I'm sure you already know, I love this color combination.  I've used it in my original color explosion peyote cuff and in two pendants: this one and this one.  I got the tetrahedron pattern from The Art of Beaded Beads: Exploring Design, Color, & Technique​ edited by Jean Campbell.  It was fun, but I'm not in a huge hurry to use it again.  If I do make tetrahedrons in the future, they will be bigger!  This size is awesome for small, light weight earrings, but needless to say, it is not too easy to work with.  The bottom of the triangles only measures 1/2" across.  I think that even 3/4" or 1" would be much more manageable.

In my photo retakes today, I took new pictures of my Chocolate Temptation peyote cuff, which was my entry for the March 2009 EBW Challenge Temptation.  Anything that is getting a retake deserves more justice than its current pictures give, but these pictures were particularly lacking.  I have some wonderful new ones now, including these closeups.



Finally, my blue striped peyote triangle earrings are one of Linda B's Top 5 Etsy Finds for 7.1.10!  You can vote for them on her blog by clicking here. :) The winner gets a feature on her blog!

9 comments:

  1. Your new earrings remind me of spice drops only they were just one color! I think they are the right size for earrings but not most people's hands. Jean Campbell probably struggled, too! Voted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new earrings look like candy :)

    The new pics are great too...you can see all the detail!

    I'm off to vote...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I really appreciate the votes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you already know how much I love your triangles...now I REALLY love those tetrahedrons!!!! Gotta love sculptural bead-weaving. Hey, does that book have a good pattern to bead over wooden beads? I have some and can't find any good patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Theresa! I'm pretty sure that the book does have a good pattern for beading over wooden beads. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome earrings!
    I am loving your retakes too - great close ups!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.