Tuesday, June 15, 2010

continued upgrades/improvements, looking for some advice/feedback, this week's progress

I made a new banner and avatar for my Etsy shop tonight.  Please check it out and let me know what you think! The old ones were all right, but as I started redoing my blog design and considering other changes that I should make to my Etsy shop, I decided that they needed an upgrade, too.  My work does continue to change, and I think that my shop and blog should reflect my more recent work.

As I've been going through all of my listings that I did not complete before the Arts Festival, I've been uploading new pictures to my Flickr photostream.  You can check out a handful of items that aren't up on Etsy yet as well as work in progress and craft fair pictures that you may have missed on here.  I will continue to edit and upload all of my button stud pictures on Flickr.  I'm debating listing some of my button studs as grouped listings: i.e. three button stud earrings for one price.  It doesn't seem worth it to list them all individually, but I think that they could sell on Etsy.  If anyone has any thoughts on this, please let me know!

In another effort to boost my Etsy sales, I think that it is way past time to get a postal scale and start offering delivery confirmation through PayPal.  Many many Etsy sellers offer it, and it's one thing that I could do to make my shop more competitive.  I would be able to use it for some of my used book sales on Amazon as well.  I don't need a scale that's equipped to weigh textbooks, but I could use it for the smaller hardbacks and all of the paperbacks.  For all of you out there who do use postal scales, let me know if you have any preferred brands or if you were able to find good deals at any specific stores.  The general advice on the Etsy forums seems to be that most smaller models are more than adequate, but it's always worth getting a second opinion before purchasing.

I've been working on the earrings for my Arts Festival raffle winners this week, which are green designs that I've made before.  I'm making additional pairs that will be for sale in my Etsy shop at some point in the near future since green does continue to be a very popular choice for earrings.  After I get those done, I really need to work on my Art Beads summer piece.

7 comments:

  1. I love your new look, I got a new blog banner not long ago from the girl who did my etsy banner, I thought it would be fun to have my bear everywhere LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! I also need a scale...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A scale is a great idea! I have one that I got from the USPS and it weighs things up to 10 lbs. Makes life so much easier! As for your Etsy avatar and banner, I liked your old one so much that I'm probably biased but I prefer to see an actual item. I can't tell what your new one is (I lack imagination so maybe I'm not the best to comment).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the feedback ladies! I have heard that complaint from others in the past, Sharla. I'm conflicted on the issue myself. I thought it would be interesting to try to a closeup shot for my banner. However, I do get frustrated when someone doesn't have a shot that shows the entire piece for an Etsy listing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. can't remember your old banner.. but sorry to be honest with you that I don't like the new one.. I always think of you when I see any item on Note sheet.. so I think it will be a good idea to use as a banner too.. it's kinda like your logo.. :) but I do love what you've done with your blog header.. I think it's great idea to show your new pieces.. anyway it's just my thoughts... :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I got my scale from Walmart. It only goes to 3 lbs but that is more than enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I appreciate your honesty, Patch! I've had mixed reviews about the new banner and will most likely redo it.

    Thanks Erika! I ended up getting that same model today. :) We'll see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.