Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Iowa City Farmer's Market, flame class beads

I found out today that I'll have a stall at the Iowa City Farmer's Market this weekend!  For anyone in the Iowa City/Cedar Rapids area reading this, it will be Saturday July 3rd 7:30AM-12:00PM right next to the City Hall in downtown Iowa City.  There have been several opportunities for non-season vendors to have stalls in June, but it hasn't worked out for me before because of the weather, other events, or being out of town.  I'm glad that I will have at least one opportunity to do a farmer's market this summer.

I haven't exactly been getting ready to do another show yet, especially an outdoor one, so I had a few unexpected errands this week.  The biggest thing was that I had to get my own weights for my tent.  I was NOT prepared for this at the Arts Festival.  Several fellow vendors were kind enough to lend me supplies.  I now have my own.  A word of advice to those doing outdoor festivals: Lowe's sells cinder blocks for $1 each.  Literally $1!  I'm more or less going to have the same set up for my booth.  I only had to get a couple new things for that.  I have plenty of inventory.  I'm just not prepared yet for the other things that a show involves like having an updated inventory list and having price tags on all of my new items.  I'll get it done, though!

While I was taking pictures today, I did take a few pictures of my flame class beads.
I'm pretty happy with the round ones in the far row, especially the orange one.  I think that the cylinder ones in the front will make neat focal beads.  The other pieces are pretty irregular, but that's okay.

8 comments:

  1. Friends who love lampworking say they need to consistently practice to get any good at it. They also tend to criticize their work more than an observer would. Yours look pretty good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have fun at the farmer's market! the beads are so cute. my fav? think the white and orange in the front.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck at the show!
    Your beads look great...what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually love the idea that the bigger ones are irregular, adds character and shows they are genuinely handmade. Great colors.

    Good luck this weekend, hope you sell loads!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck at the market! Those beads turned out really well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all of the positive feedback on the beads and the well wishes for the farmer's market. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. sweet! An don't forget...irregular is good :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! People keep telling me that. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.