Thursday, August 11, 2011

July Milwaukee happenings

I finally got around to editing the last July pictures that I took of random events in Milwaukee.  We have had so many social events since we moved here.  I haven't taken pictures of everything, but here are a few events that I did capture.

Jake and I went to the Sprecher Brewery, right here in Milwaukee, with two other couples.  If you are ever in Milwaukee, I definitely recommend this.  It's only $5 and includes a tour, a souvenir glass (a real glass, not a plastic cup), 4 beer samples, and all of the soda samples that you want.  I don't even like soda, but their sodas are amazing.  It's a very homemade taste.



Jake and I went to the Bristol Renaissance Faire with one of the other PM&R residents.  The Faire is within 15 minutes of where my in-laws live, and Jake and I went at least four times while we were dating.  It had been a while, though, and was fun to go again.  There is always so much to see there that I don't think to take pictures.  But I took a few for you guys.

They had glass blowing and torch work.  I didn't want to be intrusive and take a picture of the guy working at the torch, but I took a picture during one of the glass blowing demonstrations.

They always have jousting.  The highlight this year was when one of the knights said, "I really hate this horse." right when he was riding by us.

This was the first time that we had food there.  We shared a turkey leg (the pictures of that are on Jake's phone) and a plate of vegetable tempura, which is one of my favorite foods in the world.  I didn't think to take a picture of it until we were almost finished.

This year they had a guy in the stocks who yelled insults at you while you threw tomatoes at him.  Maybe this isn't a new thing, but they'd never had it in past years.  It was very popular.

Jake and Aaron could have watched this all afternoon.

A couple weeks ago my cousin and I took her kids to the Milwaukee County Zoo.  My parents got me and Jake a membership there as a graduation/moving present, which was very nice because the zoo is not cheap.  If you're going to go more than 3 times a year, the membership is worth it.  Anyway, my cousin's kids are 4 years old and 8 months old so they were interested in about everything but the animals.  Hence I don't have any pictures of the animals.  We still had a good time.


Stay tuned for more fun in August!

8 comments:

  1. We have a brewery in our area too, however, I'm not sure if it is open to public.
    Twice a year there's a medieval faire here with jousting, swordfights etc. I went there with my husband once, but I'm afraid I'm not very into it.
    The last photo is precious. Made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are having a fun and busy summer so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm Sprecher. I love their cherry cola and their apple cider. Yum! If you ever have time, you should check out some of the other breweries in WI. New Glarus has my favorite beers. Hope you made it to Summerfest as well as the State Fair (it's UW week right now), WI is full of festivals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fun, and the kiddo photo's had me smiling too. Do you get carded for the tasting? We have friends from WI, they live here now, who are big beer fans of the strong tasting stuff ... blah! Give me a Corona.

    Have fun w/family this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like so much fun and deliciousness.It is like stepping back in time. Blessings, Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like fun times! For some reason the theme of Laverne and Shirley is going through my head! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like there's a lot to do in Milwaukee. Explore and have fun! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! We've definitely been enjoying Milwaukee.

    Re, they do card for the brewery tours. At Sprecher's, they gave out special wrist bands for the kids so they could still get the soda samples.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.