Tuesday, April 19, 2011

DIY party invitations and photo display

It's hard to believe, but Jake and I are hosting his med school graduation party in less than a month!  Even though we had Match Day and have listed our condo for sale, it still hasn't sunk in that we're really moving in a couple months.  So I've been a little slow on this party stuff.  We don't want to spend a lot of money on it so I've been making a couple things myself.

I designed, printed, and cut my own postcard invitations.  I posted a short tutorial hub about it over here: DIY: Postcard Party Invitations with Microsoft Publisher.  If you want any more information about that, let me know.

I've also been working on a photo display.  I've been dragging my feet on this.  I really have no idea why because I love photos and doing pretty much anything involving photos.  I think it's just part of my general burnout.  But I finally printed and matted the photos over the weekend.
I used colored card stock, a glue stick, and a scrapbook paper cutter for the mattes.  Colored card stock is readily available at most craft stores like Michael's.  If you watch for their sales or coupons, you can get a very good deal on it.

I'm going to glue them to a tri-fold poster board display.  I need to make a title for it, too.  I will do my best to remember to post a picture of it when it's all finished.

12 comments:

  1. I'd love to see the photo display and the whole table! It's great you're doing these all yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Edi! I will definitely take a picture of the photo display and will try to take some pictures at the party, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so fun with the colors and personal photos! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, how fun! Working with a small budget really brings out your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a display with everyone's photo? That will be fun. I've used Publisher forever (it seems) for the Museum's newsletter. I really like it, ever though it's kinda old. {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies! Deb, the pictures are all of me and Jake or places we went or events we attended during the last 4 years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must've missed this last week. Congratulations to you and your husband! Best of luck. Your photo display looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.