Tuesday, April 5, 2011

sneak peaks

While I was on my metallic kick recently, I put together this mix for another skinny fringed cuff.
I may take out a couple of the finishes when I start to bead it if they make the piece too dark or just don't really fit right.  It's hard to tell at this point.  But it should be a neat color palette for me.  As I'm sure you know, generally I don't work exclusively with neutrals.

And while I'm waiting for my new Art Beads blogging package, I've also been working on this piece again.
I really don't have the patience to work on one delica cuff with no breaks for other projects right now, but it's nice to have one to pick up when I have a few minutes.  It's much easier to do this than get out my cross-stitch or try to squeeze in one small section of a right angle weave piece.  So slowly but surely, I am getting this piece finished.

In other creative endeavors, I made chocolate chip cookie bars this week for one of the conference nights at school.  My floor is cooking the meal for all of us teachers, and of course, I signed up for dessert because I still love baking over all other kinds of cooking.  You can get this recipe here.  I left out the nuts this time.

I also had my ever present little helper to assist with my most recent photo taking sessions.

14 comments:

  1. Love the mix,,and oh man that pan of cookie bars look so good..

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first photo of the beads looks so neat--great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice the mix of the beads^_^
    Love also your chocolate chip cookie bars

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like those mix of beads, yum cookie bars and Angel is so cute! She's a great snoopervisor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agreee! The mix of colours look great.
    I can't wait to see how it turns out when finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, didn't realize how hungry I am. Pass me a cookie bar.

    The bead mix looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That first mix looks really good together. The photo is stunning! I'm with you there- I usually go for highly saturated mixes of color, but recently have been incorporating a lot more strictly neutral pieces. There's kind of a magic in deviating from your norm sometimes, you might be surprised and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angel, you cutie!
    I agree with Erika about the first photo. Actually, just the arrangement of beads looks artistic.
    Those were some great "random" sneak peeks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!! Angel looks so much like my sweet Domino - gone but still in my heart. Brought tears to my eyes to see your sweet kitty.

    I could sure go for a chocolate chip cookie bar!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, thank you so much for the feedback everyone! I would give all of you cookie bars if I could. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the silvery gray bead soup. I think gray is hard color to work with, but I REALLY like your choices. I'm drooling for the baking, and love your kitty. Mine is 21 or maybe 23, so old I am really not positive which year we got her, and it's nice to look at a perky young one occasionally!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Marsha! Angel is 15 so she's definitely an old lady cat, too. She gets around very well for her age, though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Angel looks pretty layed back! So that's how the cuff works? You place other beads on top? Neat! Love the pic of the beads in the circle. So pretty! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah, Angel's a pretty chill cat. She definitely lives up to her name. When I make cuffs with embellishments, I make the base first and then go back and put the embellishment on top. Thanks, Deb!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.