Sunday, April 10, 2011

in the works and other creative endeavors

I was very excited to get my Art Beads blogging package at the end of the week and start of my new piece this weekend.  Unfortunately, even though all of the daggers that I selected are supposed to be the same size, they're not.
I should have realized this when I looked at the picture for the green daggers.  Going back to it when I e-mailed the Art Beads coordinator, I could see it.  But the listing clearly states 15x6, and I believed that.  I might have enough daggers to complete the piece without those.  It doesn't change the fact that I was planning on using them, though, or that the listing is wrong.  I'm still waiting to hear back from Art Beads.

But the patina daggers are just as awesome, if not more so, than they look on the web site.  I'm still very excited for my piece.

Instead I've been working on my new neutral skinny fringed cuff.  I love this neutral partially metallic palette.  It's coming together even better than I'd hoped.  And I've picked out a metal button for the clasp.

Finally, I joined HubPages this weekend.  I'm planning to do a lot more with this once we've moved to Milwaukee and I'm not working full time.  But while we have a little uneventful time here before the graduation and moving craziness, I'm getting it started.  I'll mostly be writing about education/special education stuff as well as some DIY craft projects (most of which I've posted here before), recipes, travel, music, books, and anything else that inspires me.  I took new pictures of my process for making spinach calzones this weekend (Jake and I did photograph this a few years ago).
The calzone hub is up here.  Also, check out my first two hubs that I wrote yesterday: 10 Beadweaving Books to Check Out and Beaded Peyote Triangle Step by Step Instructions.

5 comments:

  1. Those patina daggers are awesome! I can't wait to see that piece!
    And your recipe looks really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you've gone and done it; I'm hungry!

    Patricia C Vener
    http://vener-art.com/beadblog/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see what you do with those patina daggers! I'm still waiting for my email from Artbeads regarding the new blogging theme. I must be at the bottom of the list. :(

    I really like your metallic piece and those calzones look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much ladies!

    I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on my Art Beads piece. Sharla, I really hope that you get your e-mail soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love your craft, they're beautiful. I was never disappointed each time I visit your blog.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.