Monday, April 4, 2011

rarely visited metallic and a new rock garden

Metallic is one of the few color palettes that I don't visit regularly with my bead work.  Metallic beads are often expensive and many have cheap finishes that wear off easily.  So I tend to avoid them most of the time.  But I found a way to incorporate them into one of my standard designs.

It's available here.  I've been photographing a few different black pieces lately.  I had a harder time than I thought I would getting the black to stand out against the background.  I really need to find a lighter gray felt to use as one of my backgrounds, especially with my darker pieces.  I'm very happy with this piece, though.  You may remember from my sneak peak that this is one of those ideas that I've had for over a year.  I got the metallic beads and then just never did anything with it.  I'm so glad that I finally did.  While I was into the black/metallic combination, I also made a new metallic bangle similar to this one that I'll have up for sale soon, too.

I don't have my rock garden pattern finished yet, but I did finish the pattern pictures, which means that the newest blue/purple version is up.

It doesn't say so in the listing, but I actually made two with this color combination in the same size.  Buy one and keep one for yourself!  Let me know if you're interested.

3 comments:

  1. Metallics are pretty :) I think the silver button finishes it off nicely too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love, love, love metallics and use them all of the time. Now the seed beads are coming out with a permanent finish (PF), finally... the are more expensive, but I can't help myself. Just no control!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks much Edi and Re! I know that they recently released delicas with a permanent finish. It's still not worth the price for me (right now anyway) , but I know a lot of people who are very excited about them.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.