Friday, April 20, 2012

Friday Feature: a few of my favorite things

Thanks so much to everyone who linked up with me this past week for my Friday Feature link up!  Here are just a few of the great finds that were featured.  Click on the photos to check out the item listings, blog posts, etc.



I decided to switch it up today and feature a few things that I currently like a lot.  I'm not necessarily featuring Etsy items exclusively.  Enjoy!

Ron Swanson
Ron Swanson is what inspired me to put this feature together. I am constantly amused by the fact that Ron became the instant favorite character from Parks and Recreation and has more fan gear that any other character.  (Click on the photos for the listings.)




Bones
Yes, I did start watching Bones solely because of David Boreanaz.  I just started watching it a couple weeks ago on Netflix without knowing much about it.  I really can't say enough about how much I love this show.  I know that as always, I'm way behind the ball on this one, but I'm hooked now.
I got this from http://www.entertainmentwallpaper.com and added the wording myself.


Brad Mehldau
I saw Brad Mehldau for the third time when I was in Chicago this past weekend.  He just keeps getting better and better.  I've been listening to the Brad Mehldau Pandora station for at least 2-3 hours a day every day I've worked at home in Milwaukee.  I'm waiting to get tired of it, but it hasn't happened yet.

cover of Blackbird


E.S.T.
I started listening to E.S.T. because of a few of their songs that kept showing up on the Brad Mehldau station. If you like jazz and/or piano music, check them out.

In My Garage from Seven Days of Falling

Mom Blogging for Dummies
I haven't written about a book that I've read in way too long.  Thanks to Jamie's review of this book, I waited a long time on the waiting list at the library.  It was well worth it.  This is really a book that I want to own because it's not something you can process at all once.  Attacking it in small chunks at a time is a much better strategy.  No matter what level you are at with your blogging, you will get a lot out of this book.  Also, if you don't have a mom blog (as obviously I don't), don't let that discourage you from checking it out.  There is a lot of information in it that's not mom blog specific.






Clouds
I am still slowly pursuing my idea of sewing on paper for some of my greeting cards.  This idea is on my "to do" list.  You know how much I love clouds.  This card is sewn by hand, but I would do it on a machine.


I love this cloud idea, too.  You could easily take this concept and use it for cards.
Source: etsy.com via Guia on Pinterest


Most Recent Random Pinterest Finds
Pinterest is warming me up to the idea of spray painting!  I know very little about painting in general so it just wasn't something I'd considered much until recently.


This is on my "to do" list.  How fun would these be around the house?


I don't like to make a lot of rules for my link ups, but if you link up, please visit and comment on at least one other post.  No one benefits from linking up if we don't all support each other.  Thanks!






Grab a blog button!
Friday Feature


Were you featured in this post?  Grab one of these buttons, too!



Friday Feature


Where else I linked up today:

11 comments:

  1. I've seen Bones a few times and like that it's a show you don't have to see every episode to enjoy.
    Cool cloud finds :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Finds!

    The clouds are soooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever idea to spray paint those tins! I like the clouds too! My hubby watches Bones too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Bones! I've watched all the episodes available on Netflix. Twice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I occasionally watch Bones but not often. I'm more addicted to Criminal minds right now.
    I love that card with the cloud and rain. so cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds! I never thought about painting tins... wow, and I have a bunch of those! Great ideas! Your card is soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The get well soon card is simply adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'mm look up the book; sounds good. Also, love the cloud ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love Bones at my house. I have to say the first few seasons are my favorite. Normally I don't like season one of any show but Bones Season 1 is my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your style and it was SO nice to see Sandi's candles up there! I hope you win them.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.