Monday, April 23, 2012

Scavenger Hunt and I Heart Macro on Monday (4/23/12)

Welcome to another edition of the photo Scavenger Hunt and I Heart Macro!  Enjoy!

1) Yellow
One of our next door neighbors already has lots of beautiful flowers blooming in her yard.

2) Something That Makes Or Made You Smile
I've been taking a break from making jewelry this week and tackling one of my UFOs.   I will have it done way before fall of 2012 so we'll be able to enjoy it this year.  (And nope, I obviously did not get that unfinished pattern published in Feb or March.  It's still on my list.)

3) Ancient or Antique
Remember our back door project?  We still have the old door in our garage.  Does it drive anyone else crazy when people paint beautiful wood ugly colors?  And no, the color was not why we got rid of the door, but we don't miss it either.

4) Splash
We got some new furniture this week, which inspired me to do a lot of cleaning and organizing throughout the house.  This included hanging some pictures.  Aren't those batik ducks super sweet?  You can see some more pictures of our blue duck bathroom in this house organization post.

5) In the Sun

Lately Angel's been spending a lot of time in the sun both indoors and outdoors.  Normally she never has any interest in going outside, but lately almost every time someone goes in or out the back door, she wants to go out for a bit.

Check out Ashley's blog to see what other people submitted for the themes this week.




Here's my shot for I Heart Macro.
This is a peek at some of my new spring mini cards.  I'll have more about that later this month.

studio waterstone
 

Where else I linked up today:

12 comments:

  1. I don't know why some people paint the colors they do. It's a shame when they ruin beautiful wood! Sunpuddles are popular around here too but nobuddy gets to go outside but Sadie. I'm too much of a worry wart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great challenge photos! Your neighbor's tulips are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I normally like painted wood, but I agree with you here. What's the point of painting brown wood another (uglier) shade of brown?! Just use stain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could never understand why people painted over wood. I have an old cabinet that belonged to my grandmother and refinished it several years after scraping off about 4 layers of paint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great scavenger hunt. Love all the pics: your little paper flowers, Angel in the doorway, tulips and the blue duck room! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you tell stories with your pictures. Looks like you've been working on some lovely new cards. The pictures are perfect for your duck bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the duck pictures and the kitty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable sunpuddle kitty! The batik is really fun =) Great cards, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you all have been busy busy lately! Love the Angel photos of course:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love tulips...the purple ones are sure pretty :)
    The pictures of Angel are great :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kitty Paw loves to be in the sun too - I mean, what animal doesn't!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.