Tuesday, April 17, 2012

newest bead and button goodies

I have acquired a number of new bead and button goodies the couple weeks and thought that you would enjoy seeing many of them.  I am frequently inspired by crafting supplies and hope that you will be, too.  Enjoy!

The downtown Vogue Fabrics store in Chicago has a random button bin.  You can fill one of these bags for $2.  The selection changes frequently, but I've never been disappointed with the given lot.  Check out all of the flower buttons, wooden buttons, and metal buttons!


I have two favorite bead stores in the Chicago suburbs.  My parents live one block away from one of them so it's where I usually go when I'm back that way.  I almost always stock up on seed beads, Czech leaf beads, and other Czech glass.  I go through 6/0 and 11/0 seed beads more than any other beads so I always like to get a few colors.  The Czech glass selection varies but I almost always find some great leaves and other unique shapes.  Check out all of the leaf colors and the great dice beads.



My mom ordered a set of these tiny glass bottles and corks for me for my birthday.  I enjoyed using the sea glass bottle charm for my tropical destination challenge piece and would like to use bottles again for future charms.  Why not make some of my own charms?

I picked up some screws for the corks so I'm all ready to go as soon as I get inspired.  There are so many possibilities out there.  Check out these great Etsy listings as well as this bottle tutorial.

What would you put in your bottle?

Finally, I cashed in all of my Bead Trends gift certificates for Fire Mountain Gems and got this box of goodies.  Yep, I had to get all of it organized by bead type.
Thank you Bead Trends!  The hard work that I put into my submissions was well worth it.

Have you picked up any new craft goodies lately?  What are you going to make with them?

Where I Linked Up Today:
Treasury Tuesday

16 comments:

  1. Wow, looks like you're stocked up and set for a while! I love it when the materials are all glossy and new and in their packages ready for you to get inspired by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I like the little bottles that have plants in them; I've always wanted to try that. A message in a bottle would also be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, nice supplies! The leaf beads are my favorite, of course. Neat bottles. I like when they're filled with fairy dust. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of great goodies! I was pretty excited about my recent shipment of rose and mum resin cabochons! I'd never used them before and they're so fun to glue onto charms and pendants. I've really enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to put all your wonderful beads and buttons into a treasure chest and run my fingers through it while muttering "mine! all mine!".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome...lots of new goodies!
    I love the idea of a Message in a Bottle pendant :)
    Congrats on all the goodies from your Bead Trends submissions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made some bottle necklaces a long time ago. I put essential oils and perfume oils in them.
    I'm thinking some treasures from a vacation would be fun. Plants and messages are some great suggestions.
    maybe little collections of whimsical related items.

    Congratulations on that big box of goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of great supplies here! I got a piece of fabric, recently, that I love but don't know what I am going to do with it. I think I will let the fabric inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many goodies! Can't wait to see what you do with them all! I haven't got anything new in months but I have a feeling that's going to change soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that was such a sweet gift from your mom! She knows you well! I'm trying to use up my beads and place them in between my paper beads, when I make eyeglass holders. Blog post coming up soon. What have I bought recently? A larger Koi watercolor box, that came with its own waterpen! And an Art Journaling magazine - they went from bi-annual to quarterly! Yay! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh I would have so much fun filling up a bag of buttons! such pretty beads too - I am green with jealousy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Getting all those buttons and beads looks like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't you just LOVE supplies, Rose?
    Those dice beads are fun!! Love the buttons, of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just look at all those supplies. What a great price on those buttons too. I love those little bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Buttons and beads are so much fun. I have some of my grandmother's and my mom's buttons - they make me smile. Very cute bottle necklace. Hmmm.... not sure what I would put in there...

    ReplyDelete
  16. How tempting it must be to visit that bead shop that is so near your parents' house! I especially like those dice beads. I've never seen any like those before.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.