Monday, April 16, 2012

Scavenger Hunt and I Heart Macro on Monday

Welcome to another edition of the photo Scavenger Hunt and I Heart Macro!  Enjoy!

1) Simple
Sometimes simple foods are the best.  I baked potatoes for a baked potato cheesy soup this week.  (No, I don't have a link for the recipe online.  I copied it out of a library cookbook.)

2) Grain
I made this recipe for Texas Roadhouse Rolls to go with our potato soup.  They did not taste exactly like the rolls from Texas Roadhouse, but they were still very tasty.

3) Transportation
I hit 150,000 miles on my car this past week.  I'm still driving my first car, which I got used in 2003 (the car is a 1997).  It's been through a lot with a long distance relationship (yep, this was with Jake during undergrad), student teaching, an insane amount of work commuting, and a lot of driving to see family during undergrad and our time in Iowa.  Since we moved to Milwaukee, I've been driving a lot less.  Needless to say, it's been a welcome change of pace for many reasons and will also hopefully help this car to make it a couple more years. 

4) Stitch
My craft hubs about repurposing such as ways to reuse/recycle old pill bottles and wine corks have been very successful, so I'm planning to write more.  My mom recently made this quilt/wall hanging out of old neckties, and while I was in Chicago this weekend, she let me take a picture of it for a future necktie hub.

5) Bubbles

I made eggs for Jake for breakfast after his overnight shift this week and got inspired.

Check out Ashley's blog to see what other people submitted for the themes this week.



Here's my shot for I Heart Macro
This is just a small handful of the new button stash that I picked up in Chicago on Friday.  More about that tomorrow.

studio waterstone

I'm also sharing this picture of Angel just because.  She's always finding new sleeping spots.

Where else I linked up today:

25 comments:

  1. I feel like I should say congratulations for hitting the 100000 mile mark - almost looks like a new car now. HA HA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the bubbles, really great find :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see a close-up of the tie-quilt - beautiful. I love the idea of repurposing. Great group for the scavenger hunt. A few years ago I traded in my trusty SUV with 100,000 miles -- I really felt like I was just getting it broken in (loved that vehicle).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm baked potatoes! That soup sounds yummy and those rolls look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a LOT of miles. Oh my! : ) I am glad it is still running strong. Very great pictures to go along with the prompts. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Rose, Beautiful quilt.
    That is wonderful that you and your car have shared many safe miles. I hope there are many more safe miles ahead for you.
    Blessings dear, Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool post! I love that the quilt is made from neck ties!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm pretty impressed with that necktie quilt! How cool is that?!? It will make a great hub:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely Quilt!
    Now I'm feeling hungry....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of all the shots Angel is my favorite. Just saying.

    Have a terrific day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cool that those are neckties! You guys are so creative. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmmmm...that roll looks so good! Carbs are my weakness!
    The necktie quilt is very cool!
    And Angel is adorable as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the flower shaped buttons :)
    Angel looks adorable, and that roll looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great set of images! I love the quilt! Very clever to use old ties!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. that soup sounds good. The car I just traded in was almost at 100,000 miles and it was only a 2007,

    ReplyDelete
  16. That quilt is beautiful! How cool to use neckties! That's a lot of miles but it's good you aren't driving a lot every day now. My car is a 2001 and it only has 50,000 miles on it since I only drive about 1,000 miles a year now that I work from home. My hubby's vehicle is a 2002 and it has 101,000 miles on it. That's the one we drive obviously!

    Angel is just so pretty! It looks like she is saying hurry up with the photo mom, I need to get back to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great pictures. I'm not sure why, but the speedometer really appeals to me. Maybe because it's a sight I see everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's pretty great on the mileage for your car!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your cat :) and I could just imagine those rolls...

    ReplyDelete
  20. hey, you have a new layout - looks nice! Can't tell that the quilt is made from ties - your mom is creative too. Should have known! My little truck is about the same age as your car, but I haven't been driving it much, since DH is out of work (I've been using his newer car!) {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  21. ha ha. Angel is cute! Yesterday, I found Earnest sleeping in an interesting spot. After a while he left, but later came back for more sleeping. Cats are such entertainers!

    a fun set of photos. Yay for all the miles on your car! May it run well for many more.
    What a lovely quilt your mom made!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful quilt! I have seen skirts made out of ties, too - and the local beading club uses them as a base for beaded ACEOs. They are beautiful. A use for pill bottles? Wow. So glad that Angel made an appearance - I would miss her =)

    ReplyDelete
  23. PS Yay for having your first car and putting so many miles on it! I had 258,858 on Super Truck and it's still going strong with it's new owners ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your mom's tie quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Rose,
    Thanks so much for the use of the neck-tie quilt photo. You can find it here in my article: http://sharynsslant.hubpages.com/hub/Project-Linus-Creating-Security-Through-Blankets
    Again, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.