Monday, April 2, 2012

Scavenger Hunt and I Heart Macro on Monday

Welcome to another edition of the photo Scavenger Hunt and I Heart Macro!  Enjoy!

I took all of these pictures on my birthday.  The outdoor pictures are from the Milwaukee County Zoo.

1)  Clouds
We had a beautiful mix of sun and clouds in the afternoon that day.

2) Sun Flare


3) Seven
There were peacocks everywhere that day.  We kept hearing screaming as we were walking around and finally realized what it was.

The "seven" theme kept making me think of this all week.  Hopefully someone else appreciates this.


4) High Angle
This was the aftermath of the big battle that took place last Monday.  Jake and I constructed all of the buildings and about half of the trees.

5) Low Angle
I decided to make this pie recipe for my birthday with a homemade Oreo crust.  I'd made this once before a few years ago, and it was just as good as I remembered.

Check out Ashley's blog to see what other people submitted for the themes this week.





Here's my shot for I Heart Macro.
This is another sneak peek of my newest custom order.  I'd never done a double button clasp like this before.  I'll have all of the pictures of the completed piece up later this month.


studio waterstone

I took other pictures at the zoo and am sharing a few of them with you as well.  Enjoy.






Where else I linked up today:

15 comments:

  1. I do enjoy our trips to the zoo. And it seems as if we see something different every time, too!

    Nice bracelet.

    Erika
    It’s a Wrap Link Party at Artful Rising

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the zoo. I haven't been to the Milwaukee zoo since I worked over there. J's favorite are the penguins. I'm a little partial to the prairie dogs myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pie looks so good - and I'm hungry so I"d easily eat all of that up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those zoo shots are really great- looks like the perfect lighting for great photos! YUM to that pie too:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have zoo envy (I've never been to one and I'm almost 30!). I love the cloud picture and the pop of color from the peacock's head at the front of the picture is really nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must have watched every Seinfeld episode 3-4 times by now, but I didn't remember that one! lol!

    I love zebras...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That pie looks fabulous. I'm hungry now.

    I love a visit to the zoo. What a fun time that would be.

    Have a terrific day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bears! Looks like a beautiful day to be out on your birthday! The pie looks delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures! Love the animals and I really LOVE that pie pic. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, you'll tell me the recipe for that pie, right? Because I'm drooling all over my screen. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pics from the zoo. Love those peacocks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. that pie looks delish!!! and a camel to boot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. We haven't been to the zoo in so long, especially the one on Bluemound Road. Looks like you had a great day! Your newest bracelet is gorgeous. I've never seen a double button clasp like that, either.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely shots as always! I love the bear photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just realized I missed this post! Great photos...I really hope I get to go to the zoo this year!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts, questions, and feedback.